Wheres a New Metroid Game?

• Thread starter Cαδε_77
  • Start date
Cαδε_77

Cαδε_77

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Im not a fan of metroid.But Nintendo is seriously not noticing it.We are getting like a million new Mario games,But nothing else.Where is Metroid? XP

I believe the last Metroid game made was Other M. I guess Nintendo's developers aren't interested in making them because they'd rather play more popular Nintendo titles. Retro Studios worked on Other M and they have been working on a lot of different games after that too like DKCR and MK7 and Mario Party 9. Perhaps the director of the LoZ games can work on a new Metroid game because I could see a 3D Metroid game play like OoT or some sort of 2D title top-down or sidescroller like the second LoZ NES game.

Yeah,That would be Quite Cool :D ive never played Metroid,But it looks cool.

I thought Team Ninja did Other M, while Retro did the Prime games.

I thought Team Ninja did Other M, while Retro did the Prime games.
Oh yeah. :bag: I forgot.

At least Metroid had a game in the last 5 years(Even if it was Other M *shivers*), We need a F Zero game. Metroid Prime 4 and F Zero Wii U, make it happen, Nintendo.

At least Metroid had a game in the last 5 years(Even if it was Other M *shivers*), We need a F Zero game. Metroid Prime 4 and F Zero Wii U, make it happen, Nintendo.
But they might be busy when they might be making Pikmin 3DS and Star Fox Wii U.

Was the other m not good?

But they might be busy when they might be making Pikmin 3DS and Star Fox Wii U.
I Would LOVE Pikmin 3DS,But if they made one on Wii U,Its pretty Slim Chances :/

I Would LOVE Pikmin 3DS,But if they made one on Wii U,Its pretty Slim Chances :/
They already made a Pikmen game for Wii U.
images

Its been a while since the last metroid game I must agree with you. Nintendo has been preoccupied by other works (super smash bros, Hyrule warriors,etc...) But I see a metroid 3D in our near future ;)

I'm still waiting. They could use both the 3DS and the WiiU so well for it. But I think the next remake on Nintendo's list is Majora's Mask (not that I'm complaining).

i agree it was one of nintendos biggest hits besides they aredoing overkill on the mario frachise i mean in almost EVERY GAME all you have to do is jump over bowser then hit a switch or something and he falls into lava its almost worse than madden nfl if this keeps up they should just make mods for old mario games at least metroid had a plot and a backstory that follows the games

i agree it was one of nintendos biggest hits besides they aredoing overkill on the mario frachise i mean in almost EVERY GAME all you have to do is jump over bowser then hit a switch or something and he falls into lava its almost worse than madden nfl if this keeps up they should just make mods for old mario games at least metroid had a plot and a backstory that follows the games
"Mods"? You mean ROM hacks? Already done to death too. Mainly SMW I think but I'm sure there's others. Sure DLC mods would be neat in Mario Maker though.

Novawatch said:
Was the other m not good?
No it really was a disappointment, and it threw the timeline off too. Every Metroid actually syncs to a proper timeline(Unlike Zelda, where's more or less dart-to-the-board), Other M just added Plot Holes and unimportant new info, but none-the-less, they still made it and it's supposedly "good" if you tolerate slow progression for a metroid game. At least what I've seen, it seems so slow paced and dull.

Metroid Dread was planned for DS, but it was cancelled (probably because of other m). I seem to remember Miyamoto saying at one point that Metroid Dread was near finished and could be picked back up at any time, but I might be imagining things.

I think Metroid is awesome. It is my favorite NES game and I do not know why they don't make a new one. It is so awesome and cool, it is an awesome game. I just hope they make another some time soon.

Metroid Dread was planned for DS, but it was cancelled (probably because of other m). I seem to remember Miyamoto saying at one point that Metroid Dread was near finished and could be picked back up at any time, but I might be imagining things.

While this is true... It'd end up reworked for 3ds or Wii U(Preferably 3DS) so while near complete on a normal DS scale, they could make it even better while reworking it. We'll see what they plan to do eventually, I just hope it's soon.

I think Other M has killed the Franchise
But it would be cool to get a new game.
But the last Handheld Metroid was really disapointing and didn´t feel like a Metroid Game
A portable remake of Super Metroid would be also good

Back