Which 3ds pokemon game should I get

• Thread starter ShyGuy64
  • Start date
ShyGuy64

ShyGuy64

Quake 3 Master
Banned User
I'm looking at getting a pokemon game for my 3ds, but I'm not sure which one to get. I'm looking at X or Y Or Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. I downloaded a demo of sun, but I didn't like the tropical aesthetic of the island. Reply

Imo, if you're only looking at 3ds I'd get; (all my personal opinion)
Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire 1st
X and Y 2nd
Sun and Moon, if you do get Ultra Sun or Moon 3rd
But I'd also highly recommend the Ds games (B/W, B/W2, Platinum, HG/SS)

Reactions: ShyGuy64 and Agentperson
Imo, if you're only looking at 3ds I'd get; (all my personal opinion)
Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire 1st
X and Y 2nd
Sun and Moon, if you do get Ultra Sun or Moon 3rd
But I'd also highly recommend the Ds games (B/W, B/W2, Platinum, HG/SS)
I was looking at the ds games, but they're all super expensive. I'd rather get the cheaper 3ds ones.

I say try X and Y although I never played ORAS. But both games are pretty good. If you want all the legendaries get Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Sun and Moon have a less tacked on story but Pokemon is pretty decent without one anyway. You can transfer Pokemon via any of the 3DS games and Black and White/Black 2 and White 2. If you were to upgrade to the Switch and bring your Pokemon along then get BW and XY. I think the 3DS servers might disappear in the future though so if you want online connectivity get BW. You can transfer to later gens without any of the 3DS games surprisingly.

Reactions: ShyGuy64
I say try X and Y although I never played ORAS. But both games are pretty good. If you want all the legendaries get Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Sun and Moon have a less tacked on story but Pokemon is pretty decent without one anyway. You can transfer Pokemon via any of the 3DS games and Black and White/Black 2 and White 2. If you were to upgrade to the Switch and bring your Pokemon along then get BW and XY. I think the 3DS servers might disappear in the future though so if you want online connectivity get BW. You can transfer to later gens without any of the 3DS games surprisingly.
Do you have any ide on where to get black 2 and white 2 cib not at a crazy price? I really want to play those games, but they're really expensive from what I've seen.

Do you have any ide on where to get black 2 and white 2 cib not at a crazy price? I really want to play those games, but they're really expensive from what I've seen.
Just be patient and look on Ebay honestly.

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon for all of the legendaries
X & Y if you want to pet your babies

there ya go

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon for all of the legendaries
X & Y if you want to pet your babies

there ya go
You can pet babies in USUM too.

You mean like the Pokemon Amie?
Is that the part where you tickle them with feathers? Also I think I've made up my mind to get Alpha Sapphire, then after I've beaten that Y and then Ultra Sun.

Reactions: Jisenku
Is that the part where you tickle them with feathers? Also I think I've made up my mind to get Alpha Sapphire, then after I've beaten that Y and then Ultra Sun.
Oh yeah! It's also where you heal them with different items after matches, like the blowdryer and what not

Reactions: ShyGuy64
Oh yeah! It's also where you heal them with different items after matches, like the blowdryer and what not
I can't wait to name my pokemon stupid names and then pet them with a feather!

You mean like the Pokemon Amie?
Yeah you can feed them and pet them to sometimes get Rare Candies. Not exactly the same but it's in there. Gotta get Sylveon somehow.

@ShyGuy64 Do you plan to play over WiFi or get into competitive battling?

@ShyGuy64 Do you plan to play over WiFi or get into competitive battling?
I would like to Play over wifi, but probably not get seriously into competitive Competitive battling. It's my understanding that they all have online battling, and X and Y and ORAS have voice chat with people on your friends list.

I would like to Play over wifi, but probably not get seriously into competitive Competitive battling. It's my understanding that they all have online battling, and X and Y and ORAS have voice chat with people on your friends list.
If you're really serious about online play, I'd get the latest Pokemon game because it should include mostly everything from the previous games, like Pokemon and items.

But if you're in it for the story and single player content, I think you should go for ORAS if you haven't played the GBA games.

I really enjoyed Pokemon Y too. The Player Search System is godly. Sucks that it wasn't included back in the newer games.

Reactions: Mizunil
If you're really serious about online play, I'd get the latest Pokemon game because it should include mostly everything from the previous games, like Pokemon and items.

But if you're in it for the story and single player content, I think you should go for ORAS if you haven't played the GBA games.

I really enjoyed Pokemon Y too. The Player Search System is godly. Sucks that it wasn't included back in the newer games.

I'm going to get Alpha Sapphire, since I don't have any friends with pokemon, so I'm mainly interested in the single player. I've also never played the GBA games since I've never had a GBA. I think Alpha Sapphire is the best game for me to get right now. If I like it, i'll get Y, and then maybe Ultra Sun.

Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
Back