Which amiibos are hard to get?

• Thread starter Morimoto
  • Start date
Morimoto

Morimoto

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
I am going to look for Lucina or Ike this Christmas. How rare are they and the other amiibos and any tips on amiibo hunting?

I think Ike and Lucina(maybe) are going to be restocked at GameStop on Black Friday. They said they're restocking rare ones, with Ike on the side of the ad. They're really hard to get atm. Check which amiibos are in stock and when they will get restocked. And remember, what they have out is not always all they have.

I heard that packs containing R.O.B, Diddy Kong, and someone else is a Unicorn but I've seen plently along with some Uncommon Zero Suit Samus at a GmaeStop which I'm planning on getting. Samus herself is a Unicorn and I was lucky to get my hands on one. I've never seen any of the FE characters or Shulk either.

I've heard that link has been hard to get in the U.S. which I think is really disappointing it's one of the amiibos I want the most next to Pikachu and villager.

I've heard that link has been hard to get in the U.S. which I think is really disappointing it's one of the amiibos I want the most next to Pikachu and villager.
For me, not really. I know a game retailer store and a GameStop in the Bronx where you can find him. He's Uncommon. But he's not even Semi-rare.

Maybe you should preorder the Megaman Legacy Collection to get that Gold Megaman amiibo. That would be worthwhile and it would be considered a high-classed gem in your amiibo collection, trust me on this I guarantee you ;)

Nowadays, amiibo outside of the Smash series - such as Wolf Link or Chibi Robo - would be on the further end of the scale of rare amiibo, I'd say. Primarily because Smash is the main focus for amiibo and usually they'll cross over into other games for small rewards when used outside of that game, rather than making separate series for those instances.

On the other hand, amiibo like Wolf Link were designed for specific games, usually bundled with special editions and seldom seen elsewhere. These are much rarer because, since their games came and went, their amiibos are no longer in demand and therefore unlikely to be sold anymore.

I believe there were also certain Mario amiibo to celebrate the anniversary several years ago, including pixelated ones. I believe voxel would be a more accurate description but you get the idea. If I recall correctly, there were also silver and gold editions of the usual Mario amiibo, which would also be quite rare. I'm not entirely certain how much rarer than the aforementioned game-exlusive amiibo, though.

Back