• Some other button

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
The long awaited sequel: Are you an A person or a B person?

Personally, I'm a B guy, but after playing Paper Mario: The Origami King, I've shifted more towards the A side.
I think B is easier to press for jumping compared to A when using other buttons like Y, but A is like THE primary button so uhhhh.

What do you think?

Personally, I'm more of an A guy, since it is primarily used for confirmation and jumping. Oh, and also because I'm right-handed.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
It depends on the controller tbh.
NES = A
SNES = B
N64 = A
GameCube = A
Wii = A (When Controller is paired with Nunchuk)
Wii U = B
Switch = B
Xbox 360 = A
PS1 = X
PS2 = X
PS3 = X
PS4 = X
PSP = X
Sega Genesis = A
Sega Dreamcast = A

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and Sunny_Meows
B for mario
X for breath of the wild
Y for smash bros

Reactions: Mizunil and Sunny_Meows
Y for smash bros
Woah I just realized I never use a jump button for smash, just tilt up on the joycon

Woah I just realized I never use a jump button for smash, just tilt up on the joycon
using that is a bad choice. Because you cant do up tilts or up airs because you just jump instead.

using that is a bad choice. Because you cant do up tilts or up airs because you just jump instead.
Nah its possible, just hit up and a/b at the same time lol

Nah its possible, just hit up and a/b at the same time lol
Oh. I guess just found it harder to do without the button.

Reactions: Mizunil
Oh. I guess just found it harder to do without the button.
I think I just got conditioned to using it like that cause I started with only the wiimote :rotfl:

Reactions: Deepak
I think I just got conditioned to using it like that cause I started with only the wiimote :rotfl:
Ive never played smash on the wii :eyes: . The controls seem weird

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil
Ive never played smash on the wii :eyes: . The controls seem weird
I thought the same thing when I first started using joycons/gamecube controllers lmao :p

Reactions: Deepak
Depends. Usually A, but sometimes B if I've been playing a lot of other games that use that button instead, since I'll get used to it and switching back to A would feel jarring.

I think I like to use A for jumping in platformers and got upset when games forced me to use B, X or Y when there was no button mapping. I've grown accustomed to it, so it's fine now, but I hated it in the past.

I don't really care what button I use. I just rewire my brain to press the different button because for me it's always different depending on the game I play.

Rivals of Aether/Smash: X
Pokken/Spyro: B

For other consoles it's kinda funny how people complain B is jump in some games for NES. I think it's because Mario used A to jump and we've all been accustomed to it. It also depends on the controller layout and the other buttons that coincide with them. Comparatively speaking N64 and Gamecube were way different from SNES and modern controllers. The latter is easy to work with while the Gamecube controller is just weird. If you have an attack button on Gamecube it's gonna be A right because it's the biggest button. But you also need jump so put that one near the buttons that go along with it. I know people adapt but there's just some things our brains are accustomed to doing when they play their first platformer.

I usually stick to the default configuration in games, which is A for jump in this case. The button configuration doesn't matter because I adapt fast. The only exception to that for me is in game series that change the configuration between releases.

B is jump
Y is attack
X is for special
A is uh... there?

In Mario games, I use B. Just feels more natural to me, must be something about how I learned how to play.

Back