Which difficulty did you choose first in Fire Emblem Fates?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
In Fire Emblem Fates, you can choose lunatic off the bat, :eek:

I'm curious which difficulty and mode you chose when you played each version of the game. Also, please state if you downgraded the difficulty later in the game.

I've started Birthright on lunatic + classic and so far, so good.

I can't really play any FE games on less than the highest difficulty to start, doesn't feel right.

I'm not much of an expert in Fire Emblem since I started with Awakening a year ago but I will probably do Hard Casual for my first playthrough just to see how the story plays out. I just can't do classic.

This is my first FE game since FE7 so I just decided to take it easy and do Normal with Classic settings. Doing well so far, might do a Lunatic Run if I'm feeling confident

I went with Hard + Classic for my first run on Birthright and will do the same for the other two versions. I would have done a Lunatic run but I just want to enjoy the story and get used to the new mechanics first.

Went with Hard + Casual on the Awakening and will do the same on Birthright (when I get it).

Playing on Lunatic or with the classic option is too hard for me :dead:

I chose Normal with Classic, I always start with this one. So far had no issues.

I don't have it yet, but I would choose Normal with permanent death.

Normal + Casual first, so I can focus more on the story than main gameplay (ok, this defeats a bit the game's purpose, but I'd rather enjoy the story first, then play the game with more difficult settings), then I switch to higher difficulties (There's no Hard option with me, it's Lunatic or nothing !).

I naturally started on Lunatic Classic, being a FE veteran :p fairly challenging, though far easier than all other games' hardest difficulties, I can also say that, at least for birthright, this game's lunatic is far easier than Awakening's, and it DEFINITELY has nothing on New Mystery's Lunatic.

But it IS balanced, unlike the aforementioned games's Lunatic, which were plain unfair to the player.

Lunatic + Classic on Fire Emblem Fates Conquest. Recently beat chapter 10 after 10+ resets :( It's really challenging, but a lot fun. Battles take over 2 hours in my case.

Back