Which Do You Prefer To Play As And What Gear Do You Put On Your Inkling/Octoling?

• Thread starter BeastMode
  • Start date

Who do you want to/already do play as?

• Inkling

• Octoling

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
BeastMode

BeastMode

The Ultimate Gamer
Towns Folk
So which do you prefer playing as: inkling or Octoling? If you don’t have the Octo Expansion DLC, then just say if you would like to play as Octolings or stay with the Inklings. I personally like Octolings better because of all of the story that OE offered was just AMAZING!! You would expect that to come with the base game, but no it’s only DLC! All we got with the base game was lazy story writing (except for the saving Callie part with the whole final splatfest of the first game and all) and cheap text and no cutscenes except with the short ones before you start a boss fight. I did like the final boss though. That was amazing!! But anyway, back to the main topic. Another reason why I prefer Octolings are because they’ve always (before OE) been lurking in inklings’ shadows and now they get their own turn in the spotlight! I loved OE, and it doesn’t really matter gameplay wise, but I would just like to know. And also, what gear do you put on you inkling/Octoling? I put the headphones with ink saver main, grape tee, and any shoes that work with the main I’m using at that moment. So what’re your opinions guys?

Reactions: Kadaj
I prefer playing with the Octoling because I do. I would rather use a combination of three pieces of gear that go well together on my Octoling than something completely random. I also don't mind wearing three pieces of gear that are in a set (intended to go together). But most importantly I prefer to have all three ability slots for each piece of gear filled with the same ability.

I usually play as an Inkling, despite buying the octo expansion dlc. Partially because of the team I picked on the splatfest and partially because I don't like the octoling boy hairstyles (and my parent's wont let me play as a girl lmao). As for gear, I switch a lot based on my weapon, but since I mainly play with the splattershot, I use gear that gives me ink saver (main), ink saver (sub), and a mix of special charge and ink saver (main) again.

So which do you prefer playing as: inkling or Octoling? If you don’t have the Octo Expansion DLC, then just say if you would like to play as Octolings or stay with the Inklings. I personally like Octolings better because of all of the story that OE offered was just AMAZING!! You would expect that to come with the base game, but no it’s only DLC! All we got with the base game was lazy story writing (except for the saving Callie part with the whole final splatfest of the first game and all) and cheap text and no cutscenes except with the short ones before you start a boss fight. I did like the final boss though. That was amazing!! But anyway, back to the main topic. Another reason why I prefer Octolings are because they’ve always (before OE) been lurking in inklings’ shadows and now they get their own turn in the spotlight! I loved OE, and it doesn’t really matter gameplay wise, but I would just like to know. And also, what gear do you put on you inkling/Octoling? I put the headphones with ink saver main, grape tee, and any shoes that work with the main I’m using at that moment. So what’re your opinions guys?
well im kinda switching my gear in and out as i dont have a perfect piece or set of gear yet so im switching accordingly for grinding purposes right now. hope to get at least one perfect piece soon though. as for the character i like to play as an octoling more, theyre both cute and cool and i agree they really were kinda ignored before the expansion was released and that was why i was so excited for it =) as for my weapon i like the blobber deco, throws very strong bubbles has ink sprinkler and suction bomb launcher which feels fun and easy to use ! now if only we could use our own weapons in salmon run instead of the random handouts they preset... then incompentents and/ or non-expert players wouldnt make the mode so dang shaky =P

I like to play as an Octoling cause the design is rlly cute tbh, though the Inkling design is too! I'm just tired of playing with the limited hairstyles of the Inkling (though, same can be said for Octo). For gear, it depends on what weapon I'm gonna be using for a few rounds. I usually like to dress my Octoling pretty fashionable.

I play as the octoling boy in splatoon 2. What I wear in game really depends on the abilities on it lol. XD If it has good abilities I wear it. I'm not really a fashionable person lmao.

I play the inkling because I don’t have the dlc :cool-pika:
For gear, it usually changes depending on what abilities and weapons in using but I’ve never taken off my goggles. Idk why but it’s a staple part of my character that I’ve always used for both games

Back