Which fans have suffered the most?

• Thread starter Natsu Swagneel
  • Start date
Natsu Swagneel

Natsu Swagneel

ShoutBox Killer and #1 Pedia Murder Victim
Banned User
Okay, so if you take the poll, please tell us why you think that certain group of fans have suffered the most. If a group of Nintendo fans you think suffered the most isn't on the list, just say it :p
By the way, it won't let me do the poll option, so don't yell at me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your time, and here are the choices:

The Daisy Fans

The Waluigi Fans

The Metroid Fans

The Old-School Mario Party Fans

The Princess Peach Fans (The haters)

The Paper Mario Fans

Other

Last edited:
When you say "poll", "Daisy", and "Waluigi", I'm thinking of Smash Bros. because I know there are people who wanted Daisy included. But when you say "Old-School Mario Party" and "Princess Peach", I'm trying to figure out what in the world do any of these choices have in common. Can you please elaborate the point you're making?

Anyone remember that thing with the Metroid Fans being angry about the Metroid Federation Force? :p If that would count then that would be my choice. Those fans were saying all kinds of things; well I guess they wanted something "better" and they "expected" this and that. I thought they took it too far when I saw that petition thingy.

Anyone remember that thing with the Metroid Fans being angry about the Metroid Federation Force? :p If that would count then that would be my choice. Those fans were saying all kinds of things; well I guess they wanted something "better" and they "expected" this and that. I thought they took it too far when I saw that petition thingy.
Of course they did. Like Rich from ReviewTechUSA and AlphaOmegaSin always say, "Think with your wallet".

As an F-Zero fan, I've been kinda disappointed in Nintendo's hush-hush of the franchise. (Mario Kart 8 looks like it's trying to replace F-Zero. It can't, but it sure looks like it's trying.)
Although my sympathies extend to the Metroid and Earthbound/Mother fans as well, F-Zero fans get the greatest portion of my shared sorrow.

Metroid fans. Federation force looks like a piece of crap and nintendo is not planning on making a new metroid game until next gen. Seriously? Many fans wanted a metroid game for the wii u, many. Then we get a game that looks like crap and will not even feature Samus. God knows, maybe we will get a metroid game of some sort for the wii u next year, but I think overall, many people are disappointed with metroid.
As an F-Zero fan, I've been kinda disappointed in Nintendo's hush-hush of the franchise. (Mario Kart 8 looks like it's trying to replace F-Zero. It can't, but it sure looks like it's trying.)
Although my sympathies extend to the Metroid and Earthbound/Mother fans as well, F-Zero fans get the greatest portion of my shared sorrow.
Well, when it comes to f-zero, a game just like that will release soon for the wii u! It is called fast racing neo, and the game looks fantastic! Check the site out!

Well, when it comes to f-zero, a game just like that will release soon for the wii u! It is called fast racing neo, and the game looks fantastic! Check the site out!
By looking at the video, it doesn't look "just like" F-Zero. It seems like ships have inertia and stuff. That makes for a more realistic game but that's not what F-Zero players want, they want a nervous gameplay where all input action calls for an immediate reaction. But yeah, that's just a video, maybe the physics is just realistic enough to look realistic but the gameplay remains nervous.

Reactions: MindzEye
By looking at the video, it doesn't look "just like" F-Zero. It seems like ships have inertia and stuff. That makes for a more realistic game but that's not what F-Zero players want, they want a nervous gameplay where all input action calls for an immediate reaction. But yeah, that's just a video, maybe the physics is just realistic enough to look realistic but the gameplay remains nervous.
Ah, I can see a bit of your point. It looks very similar to it is probably the key word here, but from feedback people have been saying, it is a good compensation for f-zero. It has everything, from speed to tracks to graphics. Everything looks fairly similar to f-zero. Of course, it will not be exactly like f-zero but in my opinion, it is very similar. I am sure the gameplay will be great. I gotta admit though, I really am itching for a official f-zero game but for now, this is fantastic and will do.

I'd say the "Old-school Mario Party fans " and the "Metroid fans" are the ones having the most hard time.I chose 'Old-school Mario Party' because it looks like the ones who aren't fond to the car mechanic from Mario Party 9/10 will have to most likely stand that longer than wanted,and the "amiibo Party" mode from Mario Party 10 didn't seemed to really capture the feel of the original mechanic of Mario Party,so they won't be happy with that either.I'm mostly indifferent on that case,but I get where they're coming from.
I also mention the "Metroid fans" here because after long waiting for something like a new 2D-Metroid game or a Metroid Prime 4,they end up with Federation Force,which is more of a multiplayer spin-off shooter than what fans were wanting.All I say is if that Metroid Prime Pinball and Prime Hunters thought us,is that these side-games can be decent(For what I heard of them anyway),so who knows?And there is still hope for another major game as it ,so don't think it's forever lost! :thumbsup:
I woudn't say Waluigi and Daisy fans are struggling as these two still appear in other games frequently,even if not in something as major as Super Smash Bros.,and about the F-Zero fans,I suggest that Fast Racing NEO is probably supposed to be the closest resemblance to that.And Paper Mario fans...I thought Paper Jam was actually good for them instead of bad news. :writing:

I absolutely think waluigi fans has gotten no love at all from Nintendo which is why every year we see him less and less. He even wasn't even in the roster in MK7. Did shigeru forget him on accident or purpose? I hope we get to see him more in recent games because I don't want him to be the next mouser.

Animal Crossing Fans (2015 only). The two AC spinoffs that released this year weren't exactly what most of the fans were looking for. Though it was a nice change of pace, there's not much genuine replay-value in Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival, which is one of the biggest things that makes an Animal Crossing game adored.

Btw, how are Princess Peach fans haters? Is it because they were only given one game?

Animal Crossing Fans (2015 only). The two AC spinoffs that released this year weren't exactly what most of the fans were looking for. Though it was a nice change of pace, there's not much genuine replay-value in Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival, which is one of the biggest things that makes an Animal Crossing game adored.

Btw, how are Princess Peach fans haters? Is it because they were only given one game?

I get that people don't like either of those games (I personally liked HHD more than NL but I know I'm in the minority) but how do Animal Crossing fans suffer from them? 3DS already has a full Animal Crossing game and if Nintendo had made an Animal Crossing Wii U it probably would have been tainted by amiibo, hence why they made a spin off so people wouldn't be quite as ticked off.

I get that people don't like either of those games (I personally liked HHD more than NL but I know I'm in the minority) but how do Animal Crossing fans suffer from them? 3DS already has a full Animal Crossing game and if Nintendo had made an Animal Crossing Wii U it probably would have been tainted by amiibo, hence why they made a spin off so people wouldn't be quite as ticked off.
While that may be true, some fans simply didn't appreciate the spin-offs that came after New Leaf. Are there any worth-while aspects to either of the spin-offs? Gameplay for both games seemed mundane and dull, but that's just me.

While that may be true, some fans simply didn't appreciate the spin-offs that came after New Leaf. Are there any worth-while aspects to either of the spin-offs? Gameplay for both games seemed mundane and dull, but that's just me.

I didn't buy amiibo Festival for obvious reasons but you're right, Happy Home Designer is mundane and dull. Thing is, I feel the same way about New Leaf, except that game nearly forces you to play every couple days. Happy Home Designer doesn't have an in game clock so you can just play it whenever you feel like. It's perfect for trips and stuff and that's coming from someone who essentially can't play games while away from home. Simply can't do it, I have trouble focusing. There's so little to Happy Home Designer that you really don't need to focus and that's what I like about it.

Reactions: 423
Why isn't this a poll? Or did that feature not exist back then?

Anyway, I think those that have suffered the most would definitely have to be fans of old franchises like F-Zero or, to some degree, Kid Icarus. Neither have had game releases in decades aside from KI having one 3DS entry and that was it. KI has a few playable fighters in Smash, so I suppose they have that at least.

Franchises like Metroid and Star Fox have returned to some extent. I believe Metroid even has a new game in the works, though that's had no news for a long time, so I'm not sure what's up with that. There was a remake of some game or other on the 3DS near the end of its lifespan. As for other franchises, I have no idea what else Nintendo has dropped over the years. Chibi Robo? Maybe.

Waluigi in Smash has been talked about so much that at this point I'm convinced it's mostly a joke. Daisy's already in Smash, and overall gets a little more attention than Waluigi, but both are characters I don't really understand why they're so popular.

Games like Paper Mario are still getting sequels, though of varying quality, usually these entries are heavily criticised. Arguably, you could say this is worse than getting new games, because you're seeing your old favourite getting butchered for a quick profit. But at least it's something, I guess.

Metroid fans have suffered the fact that there isn't a Hunters game for 3DS and instead Federation Force (with a free shooter Rocket League thing) as well as a remake of a GB game. Metroid Prime 4 still isn't out so until then Metroid fans get to play Smash and get thrown against the ground by Ridley to see if it tickles.

Waluigi fans make fun in being in memes relating to Smash as well as being playable in Smash Flash 2 and mods of Brawl and Wii U Smash Bayonetta. They are also with good taste in music. I wouldn't say they've suffered.

The fans I think have suffered the most is Mother fans for the fact there are no new games or rereleases other than Earthbound/Beginnings on Wii U/New 3DS. Also Wario Land and the Microgames genre in general. They must've not wanted to make more after Gold. Land games are also really fun and somewhat creative but we got Shantae instead.

But Sonic fans have literally nothing to hold on to but memes. Rest their poor souls.

Oh, Mother. That's certainly a fanbase that has drastically suffered. Only two games at all in total that were released over here, to my knowledge, with the third never getting localised - can't remember if that was the first or third game, though.

Sonic fans? Those, too. The franchise is slowly getting worse and worse from what I've seen, much like Paper Mario, except their suffering has gone on much further than even PM. And the games have steadily been decreasing into little more than a mess unlike PM's sudden drastic change in direction. At least with PM the new game seems to have received moderately better reviews than its predecessors.

Not that I can speak for quality, I haven't played Sonic or Paper Mario games in many years now, especially Pokemon... not since my childhood in that regard, though I'll admit I've played more Sonic games overall than PM. But those were usually the classics (minus Sonic Heroes) so those were before it started going downhill.

Reactions: Artisan
Back