Which free NES game are you most excited for from Nintendo Switch Online?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Nintendo has already revealed that Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will get a couple of free NES games to play alongside having the ability to continue using their online services in first-party Switch games.

Some of the included games when you purchase a Nintendo Switch Online subscription:
  • Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Ice Climber
  • Dr. Mario
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Super Mario Bros 3
Which are you most excited for when the service becomes paid? It's Super Mario Bros. 3 for me :D

Reactions: Samster
I don't know if I'd call it free, because, you know, you pay for them, but I am most excited for, and strangely Balloon Fight! I kinda wanna Balloon Fight against some of my friends online! Even though I kind of suck at it.

I wonder what the other ten are?
Im definitely going to enjoy playing mario bros 3, as ive only played it a couple times and there was this one level we couldn’t beat. I love that its a world map but still restarts if you run out of lives. @Marc maybe we could play together sometime? The coop is fun

Reactions: Marc
I’m definitely most excited for Super Mario Bros. 3. That was one of my favorite classic Mario games ever, so it’ll be nice to go back and play it again after so long. Also, with the added features, it’ll be really interesting with online play. Honestly, I’m gonna play them all, but I’m mostly excited for Super Mario Bros. 3.

I am very excited for Super Mario Bros 3, like the replies gotten so far from @luigiFTW and @Samster123. It's one of my favorite mario games of all time, and I feel like it will be a great addition to the list. I'm also excited for Ice Climbers, as I feel like that game is majorly underrated and needs some attention, and Zelda 1. Although, for Zelda 1, I'm kinda skeptical about it. Some people can stay alive in that game for a long time, unless it's two Links on the screen at once. Then that would be kind of fun, as it's like triforce heroes or four swords, but for two players only. I'm sure Nintendo won't disappoint with these games, and I can see myself already playing some of these titles a lot.

Reactions: Samster
I am very excited for Super Mario Bros 3, like the replies gotten so far from @luigiFTW and @Samster123. It's one of my favorite mario games of all time, and I feel like it will be a great addition to the list. I'm also excited for Ice Climbers, as I feel like that game is majorly underrated and needs some attention, and Zelda 1. Although, for Zelda 1, I'm kinda skeptical about it. Some people can stay alive in that game for a long time, unless it's two Links on the screen at once. Then that would be kind of fun, as it's like triforce heroes or four swords, but for two players only. I'm sure Nintendo won't disappoint with these games, and I can see myself already playing some of these titles a lot.
I don’t think they are adding new multiplayer to the games.
What they are doing is allowing you to play with someone from far away. You can have one person use the player 2 controller, or in games like zelda 1, you could take turns with the first player controller.
PS. I like ice climbers too.

Most of the games on the list I own other than Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, and the sports games so I think I'll enjoy both of those. Since I'm into platformers I think I'll play Ice Climbers first. Not sure if there's a leaderboard/online play but I personally don't care as long as I get to play the game. Great way to give people a bang for their buck even though I don't think they didn't put effort into remaking them.

not really exited for the initial games but the one what i see playing the most is super mario bros 3

it would be more exiting to receive snes,gba or even gamecube games this way,and i think it will happen eventually, because there are companies releasing their classic games by their own in the eshop(megaman for example)

even if thirds companies lets nintendo use their old games for the service, its a matter of time until the nes games for the service will be over and they will have to start giving games from other consoles

As for me, I'm glad that I can play Soccer NES on my Switch, considering that I've played that on my childhood. I enjoyed it even though it's unlike the soccer games of modern days (no offside, foul and all that jazz).

I might also consider Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 among others.

As for me, I'm glad that I can play Soccer NES on my Switch, considering that I've played that on my childhood. I enjoyed it even though it's unlike the soccer games of modern days (no offside, foul and all that jazz).

I might also consider Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 among others.
It has offside and i dunno how it works so i just get confused when it says offside..

It has offside and i dunno how it works so i just get confused when it says offside..
Wow, I have no idea... I guess my initial assumptions of offsides didn't exist in the game was because I didn't see any instance of it when I played it back then.

Ah, and I almost forgot to mention that I'm also interested in Dr. Mario, too.

its seems dataminers have found files in the eshop for NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and "others" I really hope this means that the suspriction will have games of these consoles

i guess these would be in different aps independent to the Nes games apps

Ive bein excited for the mario games since ive bever rly played em tbh i did mybe first 5 lvls of the first mario n that was it as a kid lol so gives me a chance to try out some oldies

Back