• Thread starter Bomber4074
  • Start date

What's your favorite game?

• Total voters
Bomber4074

Bomber4074

The Tent that is Cool
Towns Folk
Ever since the N64 version came out, I'm sure you guys know that this series has been one of nintendo's top games. It exploded into major things like Smashcon, Evo, you name it. Personally, I think SSB4 is the best one so far. I know that there's some people out there who might disagree with me, and that's fine, but the reason that this is my favorite out of the 4 (Minus Project M) is because of the wide variety of the new cast, from little mac, to that pesky Rosalina and Luma duo. And this game demonstrates perfectly how even knew characters (*Cough* *Snake* *Cough*) can even compete with the old veterans like Mario, Kirby (Main), etc. That's what I love about it, but what's your favorite game out of the 4 so far?

SSBM. But SSB4 would come second in your list (might not be the case if you add options about unofficial Smash games).
Because Melee is the one with the most interesting gameplay (which is what people should care about first in a game).

SSBB has the stupidest gameplay (slower than GTA V on a Windows VM on Linux on a Nspire CX calculator and with that tripping that decides to play in your stead from times to times). SSB64 has too little content (stages and characters).

And between SSB4 and SSBM, Melee wins because even though SSB4 has more content, in SSBM you actually feel like you're doing something. No one never dies in SSB4, that's really ridiculous. Hitboxes don't deal any knockback, and when they do, your opponents still come back thanks to their haxed recoveries (except Little Mac but he has the knockback problem even more than other characters). In Melee however, you actually manage to KO or get KO'd.

Also, Melee is for everyone, from casuals (items on, all Pichu, Pokefloats) to pros (items off, mains, FD, wavedash everywhere) while SSB4 tries to put everyone to the same level, killing the fun for everyone in the process (now casuals still get wrecked by pros so they don't have fun, and pros don't have fun either since they can't progress learning advanced techniques like wavelanding on platforms to chase and combo).

Super Sm4sh Bros. is the only game in the series I have ever put time into playing. I played Melee for a while back when I used to hang with a friend and some Brawl on my step-brother's Wii. But in Sm4sh, I've really gotten into the game, have a variety of people I like to choose from including a main, and have a decent amount of skills in online play.

There are a couple reasons on why brawl is my favorite. The first reason is because i played it every single day with my friend online and we had so much fun in every mode which brings me to my second point, Different modes online that you can play with your friends like home run contest and multi-man smash and we would so things like that for hours and have so much fun and my favorite character is also in there who is Snake from MGS and i know his whole move set so these are some of the reasons why its my favorite game out of the series

My favorite one is Melee. It's so fast and fun. Turnarounds can happen so fast because movements and combos lead up to each other if you have the reaction time (which I am trying to develop but failing). Edge hogging and edge guarding were also factors that made the game so much more quick and intense. It is also by far the most fun to watch for me. I completely agree with Hayleia but I still think all the games are great. SSB was my least played so I don't have much of an opinion on that but Smash4 is def my runner up.

Back