Which game should I get? Birthright or Conquest?

• Thread starter SUPAHSAWNIK99
  • Start date
SUPAHSAWNIK99

SUPAHSAWNIK99

Smash Master!
Towns Folk
Hi, I'm a Fire Emblem newbie, and want to get into the series, starting with Fire Emblem Fates. The problem is, which version of it should I get? I've heard that Birthright is easier than Conquest, but I'm not sure if I want an easier game. I also don't want a terribly long game, either. Which do you guys think I should get? Does it even matter? I don't know, but, I really want to get into the series. Thanks for helping me out! :D

You really should play Awakening before both. If you have then.. why not both ? If money is an issue just get the one you think has the better waifus storyline.

I guess it will take you longer depending on which difficulty you're going to play the game. Personally, I'm going for Conquest because it seems a little bit darker than Birthright and the quests are different from Awakening (from what I've heard), while Birthright is more similar to Awakening refering to gameplay, but those are just things a friend told me so I'm not 100% sure. That could mean that, in fact, Birthright might be a little easier than Conquest, so you can make a decision from that fact depending on what you prefer.

Personally, I'm getting both. In case you were previously unaware, the second version you buy will be 20 usd, rather than 40.

However, it's still pricey. Because you're a newbie, I suggest Hoshido, which I hear is easier of the two.

Personally, I'm getting both. In case you were previously unaware, the second version you buy will be 20 usd, rather than 40.

However, it's still pricey. Because you're a newbie, I suggest Hoshido, which I hear is easier of the two.
Would that mean that if I get a physical copy of Conquest, can I get a digital copy of Birthright for $20?

Would that mean that if I get a physical copy of Conquest, can I get a digital copy of Birthright for $20?
That is correct!
"Download the other game for just US$19.99 MSRP* once you've purchased Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest or Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright."
http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/

I don't think getting a physical copy for the first game bought is needed, since it doesn't state that anywhere.

There is 3 versions. Conquest,Birthright and revelation

There is 3 versions. Conquest,Birthright and revelation
Revelations will be a DLC though. Or at least that's what I have understood. Correct me there if I'm wrong.

Revelations will be a DLC though. Or at least that's what I have understood. Correct me there if I'm wrong.
I heard from the wiki that it's a totally different version where you don't align with either country. I also heard from a friend that revelations isn't coming out on launch and there's no image on the wiki. But I do know it's out in Japan

If you like a peaceful country then fight with Hoshido in birthright if you want a non peaceful country then fight with Nohr in Conquest (I'm getting all three versions and conquest first)

Get Birthright, if you are a newbie than yeah because I heard that conquest is EXTREMLY hard and for experienced players only, meanwhile birthright is perfect for beginers. Personaly, I prefer the collection or special edition or whatever it's called because you get BOTH + the 3rd game + an exclusive art book in a collecters box on one cartidge. But it's $80, so you'll be doing chores for weeks, or work depending how old you are.

Is Conquest really the hardest out of the 2 games ? I want that one, but have never played a Fire Emblem game before. I want to play Conquest just to be able to choose this option.

• Fire Emblem Fates continues the theme of having your characters marry and have children, but this time around they've widened the sexuality spectrum. In Conquest there is a bisexual male who can marry a male Avatar, whilst Birthright features a bisexual female who can marry a female Avatar. So keep that in mind if you have a marriage preference for your Avatar.

Is Conquest really the hardest out of the 2 games ? I want that one, but have never played a Fire Emblem game before. I want to play Conquest just to be able to choose this option.

• Fire Emblem Fates continues the theme of having your characters marry and have children, but this time around they've widened the sexuality spectrum. In Conquest there is a bisexual male who can marry a male Avatar, whilst Birthright features a bisexual female who can marry a female Avatar. So keep that in mind if you have a marriage preference for your Avatar.
yes, conquest is the hardest out of all 3 games

yes, conquest is the hardest out of all 3 games
Go figure they would choose the male/male relationship in the hard version.

I have decided to defend Hoshido and get Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. I'm using my $20 eShop card to get Corrin and Bayonetta in Smash Bros. :D

i am hoping to get one of them for the others who played all the other western games which version should be obtained first and what would happened if you get the first physical copy then the second would it not cross-save and for people who bought the third story how is it and can you play it as a solo campaign

If you plan on getting all three games, I suggest beating them in this order, first birthright, because it is the easiest by far due to pro grind and unlimited gold or gil or whatever, then play conquest because despite being the hardest you want to save revelations for last, finally you want to play revelations because it has middle difficulty but it has the best plot of the three, so you would want to save the best for last. PS trying to get my hands on the special edition but apparently that is not happening.

Hi, I'm a Fire Emblem newbie, and want to get into the series, starting with Fire Emblem Fates. The problem is, which version of it should I get? I've heard that Birthright is easier than Conquest, but I'm not sure if I want an easier game. I also don't want a terribly long game, either. Which do you guys think I should get? Does it even matter? I don't know, but, I really want to get into the series. Thanks for helping me out! :D
I'm getting one of the 60$ bundle packs

Reactions: ike656
I'm getting one of the 60$ bundle packs
same here cant wait till its here

Back