Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Goten4

Goten4

Thunder Knight
Towns Folk
I would like opinions on these 2 games, so I can figure out which one would be the better buy.

Do you prefer platformers or action RPGs?

Personally I would say get Odyssey, I love that game, even after finishing it I still have plans for it. It's not too hard, but also it's not too easy. It's a great game to sit back and relax to but if you want something more fast paced then there's that option too. It's good the good ol' mario humour, a great collectathon and generally just really fun. Soundtrack is awesome as well.

For me, breath of the wild just felt too plain. The weapon durability mechanic got incredibly fustrating really quickly and generally the game just felt a bit eh.

Reactions: Duffy
I say breath of the wild. I absolutely loved the game. Exploring all of hyrule was super fun. Mario odyssey is fun too but breath of the wild feels more vast and it feels like you have a bit more freedom. I'm not saying mario odyssey is bad though. I absolutely loved that too. In my opinion breath of the wild is a bit better. And plus, breath of the wild will probably last you longer.

Reactions: Duffy
Honestly both games are great but I preferred Breath of the Wild more. Mario Odyssey is more chill and level-oriented in a sense. Breath of the Wild has a lot of exploration, but still has main quests to complete. I felt that once you beat odyssey, there wasn't much to do unless you're a completionist going for all the moons. Whereas Breath of the Wild just has more gameplay? I don't know what it is, but I just prefer BotW.

Either way both games are great and you'll be happy either way. :D

Reactions: Deepak
Honestly both games are great but I preferred Breath of the Wild more. Mario Odyssey is more chill and level-oriented in a sense. Breath of the Wild has a lot of exploration, but still has main quests to complete. I felt that once you beat odyssey, there wasn't much to do unless you're a completionist going for all the moons. Whereas Breath of the Wild just has more gameplay? I don't know what it is, but I just prefer BotW.

Either way both games are great and you'll be happy either way. :D
That's why I was wondering, both games look great, plus Zelda and Mario games are Nintendo's biggest games.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Both Games are so great! I voted Mario Odyssey because of how much it endears me! Breath of the Wild is massive and awesome and often I get lost in the world and just mess around instead of doing anything productive

both games have great deal of exploration and in which you can play how you feel like it.
they both have great deal of size to them and breath of the wild is new standard for open world.
i choose mario as vinesause has same felings as me with mario odyssey.
the exploration of the diffrent worlds is more fun than 1 big world with toms of small tasks to do towards a big end game goal.
bithbare fun however nither are my type of games i am really into.
i liked mario the most as ankid but now im more rpg and puzzle and fighting and racing games.
it would be ideal to try to get the other game you not picked at a later time if you still play games and own a switch and can afford to get the other game

I feel It honestly depends on what you like better. I actually have super mario oddyssey cause I got it for christmas recently and it's pretty good. Theres alot that goes on in the game and it's really immersive and fun. If you want like a platformer with wacky characters and alot of collectables to find I feel oddyssey is a good buy for you. Also in oddyssey it's fun to explore the kingdoms you are in. Breath of the Wild is also an exploring type game but yea. I don't have breath of the wild but I feel like breath of the wild is good for those who like zelda games and mainly like games just for the exploration and the beatiful landscape.

I say get Mario. That being said Mario has a lot of original movement ideas and functions as well as a way to share it with your friends via balloons. Zelda BOTW has more story oriented motivations for you to play and unique item utility and puzzles but it might take a while to unlock everything so I say since you aren't into achievements get Mario. Then again Zelda seems like more of the "mature" pick to me.

Reactions: Mizunil
Back