Which is better between Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Ultimate?

• Thread starter Natsu'neko
  • Start date
Natsu'neko

Natsu'neko

Natsu'neko
Towns Folk
which do you think is better super-smash-bros.-3ds or super-smash-bros.Ultimate nintendoswitch? have support!

Smash Ultimate is by far the best. Still has the same portability the 3DS Smash had, and has all new fighters, stages, and basically more of everything. AND there’s an Adventure Mode! I really don’t understand how Smash 3DS could be better than Ultimate in any way, but whatever floats your boat, I guess :p

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Natsu'neko
I prefer Ultimate. Since it includes the paid characters from the 3DS version plus the ones from the versions before. :cool-pika:
I definitely enjoy Young Link and the 3DS stages are also included in Ultimate so I can appreciate better the details.

I think the only thing I feel I prefer from the 3DS is the online mode. I liked them for glory and for fun division when you went online and it seemed better to organize matches online and create rooms.

That said, the 3DS version has its charm and it is not bad by any means. I still enjoy it and I have an amiibo I won't reset that I like using there. :p

Reactions: Natsu'neko
Smash 3DS does have some exclusive stages but they are not really competitive. Unless you want to play Rosalina and Bayonetta or Sheik more than the other characters I think you are better off playing Ultimate. Oh yeah and Smash 3DS has better online too so it's not a complete throw away.

Reactions: Natsu'neko
I prefer Ultimate. Since it includes the paid characters from the 3DS version plus the ones from the versions before. :cool-pika:
I definitely enjoy Young Link and the 3DS stages are also included in Ultimate so I can appreciate better the details.

I think the only thing I feel I prefer from the 3DS is the online mode. I liked them for glory and for fun division when you went online and it seemed better to organize matches online and create rooms.

That said, the 3DS version has its charm and it is not bad by any means. I still enjoy it and I have an amiibo I won't reset that I like using there. :p
amazing thanks for in depth details

Surprisingly, I prefer the 3DS version (only slightly). In my opinion, the Online version of the 3DS version of Smash Bros. is infinitely better. And, as online battling is a big test of your skills and where you are at, this is actually a great draw-in for the 3DS version. Just make sure you don't record any of your battles (otherwise, for some reason, online mode won't work for you). Furthermore, the 3DS version has great graphics and stages that will keep you playing for ages. Admittedly, the graphics and stages are better on the Switch version. However, the biggest comparative of all is the game play aspect. And, as they are both equally as good in terms of content, the 3DS is better overall due to its better online mode features.

the only remarkable thing 3ds has that ultimate doesnt, is smash run mode, ultimate has more of everithing else ,so ultimate is the one you should get

Reactions: Jisenku
I've only played bits of both, but I'd say ultimate for sure. More things to do outside the battles which keeps the game interesting and keeps the replayability for longer.

While I agree that Smash 3DS's online is better, as someone who has played both, I think that this may well depend on what you're looking for. If you want more characters, more stages, more songs, better graphics, and much more content in general, and are alright with a decent online, then get Smash Ultimate. If you don't care about the extra content, and you're fine with the characters, stages, modes, graphics, and content in smash 4, and you generally favor the online mode, then get Smash 3DS.

100% Smash bros for 3ds. Not only does the game have the superior graphics AND STAGES,as it has pac maze, a stage not available in the game super smash brothers ultimate. Not to mention, the AI are worse, which means i'm better at the game and my self-esteem is much higher. It also has smash run, the definitive game mode of the smash franchise.

Ultimate has a larger variety of characters which is a good thing. I like that.

Reactions: TerraKnight and Jisenku
Not only does the game have the superior graphics...
Smash 3ds does have a unique graphics, but are really sure they are better than Ultimate?

Smash 3ds does have a unique graphics, but are really sure they are better than Ultimate?
twas irony :p

Smash bros ultimate because everyone is here. They also added back old and new characters like daisy, pichu, dark samus etc. They got a new animation for the last kill stock that has a very nice charm to it. Finally you can choose which settings you want, whether its time, stock, stamina all of those. Playing multiplayer locally is extremely fun, whether you're with family or at a friend's house you could use the joycons, pro controller or gamecube controller.

Smash ultimate any day

To be Honest I would prefer Smash Bros 3DS. It's online servers are amazing. And I had that game since 2014 and I even got an exclusive 3DS system with the game (My sister broke it so I got a new one in 2016) Smash Run was really fun to me and my siblings. We wouldn't play that much thought but I do use my 3ds to play Smash Bros Wii U (One of the best games of the Franchise) I got the game on October 3th 2014 three days after my birthday and this was the first smash bros game I ever had and Smash Wii U was my second. Smash Ultimate was good and all (you might not want to agree with me but Hey, it's my opinion) it could never honestly bear one of the best games of 2014 and my favorite 3DS game (After Kirby's Epic Yarn)

Reactions: Trazzers and Deepak
If it were only 3ds vs Ultimate, id say ultimate. Fighting games feel kuch more natural on a larger screen with a controller for me.

If it was Wii U vs Ult, Wii U personally. The controls feel a lot more responsive without thr buffer, and the online was somehow bettet than the switch's

Back