Which is the better free-to-play game between Warframe and Dauntless?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
1. Warframe and Dauntless are both free-to-play on the Nintendo Switch.
2. I've heard good things about the two.

But anyway, which is the better free-to-play game between the two in your opinion?

Reactions: P2.0
I can't give a fair shake because I've only ever played Warframe. But to me, Warframe's pretty intense. A new update just launched for Railjack, so of course it's gonna have a few glitches until the hotfixes come. But for the most part, for a free game, it's the best! Haven't put it down yet! :thumbsup:

Plus, it isn't a pay-to-win. Everything that everyone gets, you can too. Granted, you'll have to wait a few hours to forge things if you don't want to wait, but it still is really fun. :3

Reactions: 28142
They're both games for different markets, different genres.

Dauntless is a co-op monster hunting game, similar to monster hunter. Has a bit of an issue with microtransactions from what I've heard. I don't know terribly much about it, other then it kinda just looks generic-y free to play.

Warframe on the other hand, I think I have a good amount of time in (about 500 hours, my most played game on steam) to be able to give a good overall opinion on. The microtransactions are there 100% as a "donate if you can and if you want to help the devs". The single premium currency in the game can be gotten through trading with other players (no scams, the currency can be traded via the trading menu along with the items), and everything can be gotten in-game through playing (except for a handful of 100% cosmetic-only items which are generally either player-created skins or things like that).

Warframe as well has a few players here, on both PC and switch, so that's perfect considering the major flaw for warframe is that the learning curve is incredibly steep, and that's where most people drop off if they don't have seasoned players to help them through. It's worth that push though imo, since you'll join into a long-lasting game community, with devs that have constantly poured love and time into the game year after year, with the updates only getting bigger and bigger.

Warframe does have grinding to it, but due to all the constant quests (pretty sure nightwave is on switch now), loads of different types of missions, and also the 2 huge open-world areas (more gonna be added :p), there's enough variety to not make the gameplay go stale. Different weapons, different mods, different stances for melee and even tons of different abilities for the different warframes to play around with and find your style.

Warframe's story is also bloody awesome, it's really deep, the singleplayer cinematic story missions are stunning and beautiful and damn nice in terms of game design. There's no end in sight for warframe, it's just gonna be updated for as long as Digital Extremes can go. Space mum will protect us tenno forever <3

Reactions: P2.0
i personally prefer dauntless because it takes up less space than warframe. dauntless also has a single player offline mode while warframe does not have offline as far as i know. warframe is a shooter game and in my opinion there are many free shooter games you can play on the eshop. i recommend fortnite for a battle royale experience or paladins which is similairto overwatch. you could just download both. if space is the problem you can get a micro sd card for cheap. both are completely different games. it depends on what genre interests YOU more

warframe is a shooter game and in my opinion there are many free shooter games you can play on the eshop.

Warframe aint just a shooter though, it's a lore heavy TPS RPG type game with a lot more depth to it then fortnite and paladins. Paladins has been pretty much ditched anyway, I played it a fair bit back during beta on PC, and it's just gone quickly downhill in terms of microtransactions (you need to unlock heros in it with currency) and also nothing really interesting happens in the game anymore. Fornite is just.... fortnite. I don't need to say much about that, it says everything itself.

yes, but dauntless has offline play which warframe doesnt have. so yeah, it heavily depends on what type of game marc wants.

Back