Which Legendary Pokemon is better on the offensive?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Which legendary is better on the offensive

• Total voters

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey guys, I have often seen discussions that Yveltal is better than Xerneas on the offensive part, and Xerneas should be used to protect your party; being used s a defensive pokemon.
What do you guys think? Are they equally balanced out or are they biased towards one or the other side?

Yveltal is just for the looks honestly. Xerneas has a better type and it's got Geomancy one of the best stat boosting attacks ever. So, I'll have to say Xerneas.

Xerneas is 100 times better IMO (@dilawer and @Memento Mori laughed at it in the beginning :sneaky:)

Xerneas @ Power Herb (aka P.H. in this post)
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 76 Speed
Modest Nature (+Sp Atk , -Atk)
  • Geomancy
  • MoonBlast
  • Hidden Power Ground or Fire / Focus Blast (hidden power hits Aegislash)
  • Psyshock / Thunderbolt
My Xerneas is a perfect hidden power ground one and boy, is that thing overpowered, :oops: I swept soooo many passerby teams on the Player Search System. Most of 'em rage quit (including Mega Kang and legendary users)

The only thing that I could think of that stops Xerneas is a fully invested HP Lugia with 80+ SP DEF EVs. A whirlwind gets rid of the one-time-use item and when that's gone, P.H. Xerneas will suck (in an uber battle). So setting up stealth rocks with a Deoxys lead will be a good partner for it to remove Lugia's Multiscale ability.

Both pokemon have equivalent base stats and imo Yveltal has got a pretty good signature move in Oblivion Wing. Now, if we had a pokemon that had both Geomancy AND Oblivion Wing, it'd be GG. All this said though, Xerneas is better because Power Herb Geomancy is basically a Sharply Boosted Quiver Dance and it helps set up for epic sweeping.

Xerneas is 100 times better IMO (@dilawer and @Memento Mori laughed at it in the beginning :sneaky:)
I only laughed at it's looks but when I saw it in competitive battling, I was surprised to find that it's much better than Yveltal. Although, My Scizor can beat the Crap out of it. :D

Xerneas + Power herb + Geomancy is a nice start to a sweep.
It can also be a bulky attacker, because of it's good physical movepool, and heal itself with Horn Leech, while bulking hits if you invest EVs on HP.

Reactions: Marc
Idk. Xerneas fell every time I have used Durant. Then again I think Durant could harm Yveltal really bad too and he's in UU. I think Xerneas wins though with those stat boosts and better typing.

• Geomancy
  • MoonBlast
  • Psyshock / Thunderbolt
My Xerneas is a perfect hidden power ground one and boy, is that thing overpowered, :oops: I swept soooo many passerby teams on the Player Search System. Most of 'em rage quit (including Mega Kang and legendary users)

The only thing that I could think of that stops Xerneas is a fully invested HP Lugia with 80+ SP DEF EVs. A whirlwind gets rid of the one-time-use item and when that's gone, P.H. Xerneas will suck (in an uber battle). So setting up stealth rocks with a Deoxys lead will be a good partner for it to remove Lugia's Multiscale ability.
That's an amazing set. I have never used Xerneas in battle, though.

Reactions: FirstSerpent
i think Palkia would be the best offensive pokemon. i have been using palkia as my 1st spot pokemon to beat the entire elite 4 so i could evolve some pokemon. My palkia is lv. 100 and knows earth power, surf, aura sphere, and special rend. i get through the elite four in at the maximum 8 minutes with my palkia.:cool:

• Geomancy
  • MoonBlast
  • Psyshock / Thunderbolt

First of all, I am a legendary and I find this offensive. (had to be said)
Secondly, Marc is right Xerneas is hella overpowered (I still remember battling his Xerneas...) bur rage-quiting is just sad.I always play battles until the end however badly bashed I get, I finish my battles.

I have to go with group opinion, even without ivs or evs Geomancied Xerneas is a monster, I always use that moveset to blast thru the elite 4 for some quick exp. Share experience

Yveltal has a bit of the better looks, but Xerneas is way better than Yveltal in competitive play. Xerneas has Geomancy, a very good offensive stat boost. Combine that with the Power Herb item, and this thing becomes reckless. It gains a 2 stage boost to Sp. Attack and Speed, which allows it to sweep way better. It also gains a 2 stage boost to Sp. Defense, which allows Xerneas to become defensive, also. Xerneas is superior to Yveltal, IMO, because of the amazing stat boosting move Geomancy + the Power Herb.

i think xerneas is better because of its movie geomancy

I will have to say xerneas which has geomancy a stat boosting move plus xerneas has great defense and has some great attacking moves like megahorn and more but yevaltal is good too,i like its design but for my vote its xerneas.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy Power Herb+ Geomancy= Too OP >.<
- Moonblast Fariy Aura+STAB+95 Power= Also OP
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast Hits Hard!
Zerneas for sure. Yveltal has nothing on it. >.>

Back