Which one of these Stephen King Movies is the scariest?

• Thread starter NintendoCosmos
  • Start date

Which one of these Stephen King Movies is the scariest?

• Rose Red

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NintendoCosmos

NintendoCosmos

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
The 1997 remake of The Shining or Rose Red? These two movies frighten me beyond scare.

I would have to say the Shining. Mainly because of the twins in the hallway. They were just downright freaky lol. That and when I first watched it I was staying in a Motel that I swear could have been in that movie lol.

I would have to say the Shining. Mainly because of the twins in the hallway. They were just downright freaky lol. That and when I first watched it I was staying in a Motel that I swear could have been in that movie lol.

I'm talking about the 1997 remake of the shining that followed the book more. The Twins were never in the book.

"The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red" by Ridley Pearson which was what Rose Red was a companion too was a pretty good book. However, I think Rose Red kinda missed the mark a little. So, I would have to still say the 1997 remake of The Shining, even though the original was a little better it still freaked me out lol.

I haven't seen Rose Red but I have seen enough of Stephen King's TV productions to know he just isn't capable of writing for TV, he writes his mini series like he writes a book, "tell don't show", which just doesn't work for a visual medium. I have seen The Shining (1997) and it is far too long and dragged out and only proves my point that Stephen King is not a visual thinker, whereas a director like Kubrick could take a King story and create visual symbols, the Kubrick version may not be a perfect adaptation, but most horror buffs will agree that the 1980 version is superior to the 1997 version, and will claim it is a masterpiece of horror, I just don't find the 1997 version to be scary whatsoever...

Reactions: 18
I´d say the shining,never heard of the other one
But I guess its just because I saw dat film when I was really young...............

Back