Which order will you be playing Fire Emblem Fates?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So I was looking through the Fire Emblem forum recently and I found a post by @BlazingPhoenix suggesting an order to play the three versions of Fire Emblem Fates :
If you plan on getting all three games, I suggest beating them in this order, first birthright, because it is the easiest by far due to pro grind and unlimited gold or gil or whatever, then play conquest because despite being the hardest you want to save revelations for last, finally you want to play revelations because it has middle difficulty but it has the best plot of the three, so you would want to save the best for last. PS trying to get my hands on the special edition but apparently that is not happening.
Tbh, I was just going to flip a coin to choose which I'd play first, :panda:

This got me curious though. Which order will you be playing Fire Emblem Fates in, assuming you're picking up all the games?

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
Oh hey it's me! Well, you know the order im going to play them in!

I'm planning to get the three stories for this one but I didn't decide the order yet. Since the eShop release doesn't let you choose after chapter 6 (I hate that there isn't a bundled version like the Special Edition either) the decision is quite hard.

If I choose Birthright, it is because it will feature a lower difficulty (so I can get used to new mechanics if they are)
If I choose Conquest, it is because it will look cooler on the 3DS Home Menu (I think?)

I also planning to get the DLC pack this time, thing I didn't with Awakening for not having a discounted pack (I mean, I won't spend 50 bucks on DLC on an old game haha).

Reactions: Marc
I'm planning to get the three stories for this one but I didn't decide the order yet. Since the eShop release doesn't let you choose after chapter 6 (I hate that there isn't a bundled version like the Special Edition either) the decision is quite hard.

If I choose Birthright, it is because it will feature a lower difficulty (so I can get used to new mechanics if they are)
If I choose Conquest, it is because it will look cooler on the 3DS Home Menu (I think?)

I also planning to get the DLC pack this time, thing I didn't with Awakening for not having a discounted pack (I mean, I won't spend 50 bucks on DLC on an old game haha).
Actually, belive it or not, there kinda is, except minus the art book and crap. Gamestop *shivers* is selling a bundle deal of Birthright and Conquest all in one cartrige for $60 (you can choose to have one physical and one downloadable, choose conquest as physical however because it sold slightly less which means it is a slightly more expensive collectors item) and i think you can later buy the 3rd path for $20. OR you can just buy a used copy of one of the games for like $35 or $30 and then their is a bundle where you buy the other two as DLC for $40 total as a bundle, so in a way there is indeed a bundle. I hope this helps you.

Actually, belive it or not, there kinda is, except minus the art book and crap. Gamestop *shivers* is selling a bundle deal of Birthright and Conquest all in one cartrige for $60

The nice thing of the Special Edition is that the three stories comes in the same cart, so you can play the three stories in any console (plus play the third story 3 weeks earlier).

Doing that will always lock the second story to your 3DS, which is far from being kinda the same >.>

I will first get Conquest because I am a use to the series and I think Nohr looks fun. The I will play Birthright next so that I can try all of these new classes. Last but not least would be Revelation because it make sense to play that one last. But man, I can't wait for this game. I am so happy!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning on playing Conquest first because that will be the path I'm originally choosing. Then, I'm playing Birthright in order to know the story of that version. Finally, I'm playing Revelation because, as @BlazingPhoenix said, it has the best plot.

Of course, this is assuming I'm getting the 3 of them, but most probably I'll be getting Conquest only, when I beat it I might temporally trade my game for a Birthright version with a friend. I'm not sure I'm getting Revelation though.

I plan on playing Birthright first since it will be similar to awakening then Revelations. I decided early on that I'll probably play Conquest at a later date.

Whatever you do first is canon! So I'm playing through conquest first.

I really want a different Fire Emblem experience then the one in used to and Conquest should deliver that better then Birthright. Birthright does have new weapons but if it's easier I'd rather play it on hard difficulty after beating Conquest on normal.

That's how I look at it.

Started on birthright and now since i got the map pack ill soon be starting on conquest since i sometimes need to grind for level ups , support and funds at times and conquest does not have the option of scout missions

I think I will be playing them(If I get them all that is) like this:
Birthright
then Conquest,
and lastly revelation.

I would only be getting them all if I like Birthright a lot then I will get them all!

Well I bought Birthright and Conquest for a discounted bundle at GameStop, and since the only Fire Emblem experience I've had is from the Awakening demo, I thought I would start off with Birthright to ease into the series. I would definitely recommend Birthright for new players, since it really allows you to level grind and master each character class's specific skills. It is also a great story complement to Conquest, since a lot of things in Conquest I only picked up on because I had played Birthright beforehand.

Next, I proceeded to play Conquest, which was significantly harder, but not so difficult that I wanted to smash my 3DS or anything. (Note: I recommend playing Conquest on either Phoenix or Casual mode on the first playthrough to get the whole story experience) I really enjoyed Conquest's creative and challenging mission objectives which were a stark contrast to Birthright's repetitive goals. One thing to keep in mind when playing Conquest, however, is that there are no extra levels to play through like there are in Birthright. This means no easy level ups and limited access to important resources such as Master Seals. Perhaps the most frustrating problem that this presents is that you have to make sure you know which support pairs you want, as you only have the main storyline to utilize for bonding. Despite being the hardest of the three games, with Revelation being a sort of middle ground between the other two, I sincerely recommend playing Conquest second so as to enjoy the whole story and understand some behind the scenes action that you couldn't understand in Birthright.

Of course, regardless of which of the two you play first, you are going to be left with some lingering questions about the story. I'm really hoping that these will be answered in Revelation, which releases tomorrow for me here in North America. It's also probably safe to say that it's going to feature some extremely interesting support conversations (I'm really looking forward to what's gonna go down between Xander and Ryoma!) from rival characters from Hoshido and Nohr.

However, please keep in mind that this was just my way of playing through, and while I think it is the best way, you are completely entitled to your own opinion. In the end, the only thing that matters is that you enjoy your playing experience. :)

I'm going for Conquest first and then Birthright. Conquest just seems more appealing right now. But either way, the games gives a tragic feel to me. Siding with your kidnappers to slaughter your own family, siding with strangers to slaughter the family you grew up with....

I don't know how well it's presented, but the premise is definitely heart wrenching.

I played Conquest first, which was a pretty bad decision imo because it was incredibly difficult, even on normal :panda:
I'm going to play Birthright next, then Revelations as a finisher. Birthright seems like a logical choice, in terms of the story and families and whatnot.

im playing conquest, because was the first one i could get my hands into, i want to play birthright and revelations, but, i dont have a credit card, so that gets the revelation route out of my hands, and birthright, im saving my money to get it, also, Conquest, hard as hell, mission 10 kicked my <censored> for a week, and the mission 14 came in, damn i cant catch a break, but i loved it

I'm playing them in Birthright > Conquest > Revelations. Birthright and Conquest I played on Normal and Classic but Revelations I'm trying to play on Lunatic and Classic ;3 I'm stuck on Chapter 5. At least one unit dies every time ;-; so it's been pretty tricky but I made it by without a single death so far ;D

Assuming I'm getting all three (I don't even have one of those) I'll play them as birthright then conquest then Revelation

Back