Which Pokemon is better between Clawitzer and Feraligatr?

• Thread starter ParanoidLatias
  • Start date
ParanoidLatias

ParanoidLatias

Happy saplings grow into happy trees.
Towns Folk
Clawitzer and Feraligatr are my two water types I love. But, I can only choose one:banghead:, so who's better?
Clawitzer:
Great move Pool
Low speed
High sp. Atk
Feraligatr:
Average stats
STARTER(I like starters)
Higher speed.

TEAM:
Leafeon
Clawitzer/Feraligatr
Garchomp
Volcarona
Kangaskhan
????(don't remember, have to look on my 3ds XD)

Last edited:
Clawitzer is a slow special wallbreaker while Feraligar is a physical set up sweeper, they both serve entirely different roles and don't really have anything in common besides being Water types...as for which one to use, it's entirely team dependent, if your team has trouble with Stall, use Clawitzer, if your team has problems with Offense/Balance, use Gator.

Reactions: Vernal
Clawitzer is a slow special wallbreaker while Feraligar is a physical set up sweeper, they both serve entirely different roles and don't really have anything in common besides being Water types...as for which one to use, it's entirely team dependent, if your team has trouble with Stall, use Clawitzer, if your team has problems with Offense/Balance, use Gator.
Honestly, I think he is fine on both XD

Maybe a bit more defensive so I would go with Clawitzer for your team :p

Just mke sure they are EV trained with balanced movesets and good ability and nature :) THat is the basis of winning laong with tactics.

Well, either one could fit well in your team. Clawitzer is slightly less bulkier than Feraligatr but can be use rather well with Choice items (Specs + Mega Launcher hits ridiculously hard, while Choice Scarf can come in handy for outspeeding certain Pokémon but doesn't hit as hard) or an Assault Vest (furthering it's special bulk). Feraligatr (with it's newfound power in Sheer Force + Life Orb) can tear through any Pokémon that doesn't have enough physical bulk to take a hit from it and if it gets the chance to set up a Dragon Dance or two, it becomes an absolute sweeping monster. (if your opponent doesn't have any Pokémon with Unaware that is)

If your last pokemon is physical or just not special, I'd go with Clawitzer. Having only one special could screw you over if the opponent manages to take it out and has really good defensive walls. It also depends on your play style, I like to have a balanced team, so Clawitzer seems like an obvious choice for me. Happy Hunting

Back