Gen 6 Which Pokemon version is best for a Pokemon Noob?

• Thread starter PrimordialMew24
  • Start date

Which Pokemon Version is best for a Pokemon Noob?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PrimordialMew24

PrimordialMew24

Custom Title
Towns Folk
Hi. I'm wondering what version would be best for a Pokemon Noob. You see my brother is curious about Pokemon. He's familiar with the concept of basic match ups and catching Pokemon. However, he hasn't played since original Pokemon Gold on the GBC. I was wondering which version ORAS or X & Y would be easiest to ease into the newer Pokemon generations. Please, vote in the poll and give a viable explanation as to why you suggest X & Y or ORAS.

Thank you,
PrimordialMew24

I'd say go to x and y, cause it greatly explains everything about mega evolution, and there aren't a lot of mega evolutions so he will just get used to it. Even though I do like Pokemon oras more, mostly because of the new mega evolutions and stuff like that, but X and y is better for a beginner. And I think the Kalos region is more welcoming. I actually like it more. But you choose since there are upsides and downsides for both.

Reactions: Mikaya
Hmm. Pokemon X/Y was fairly easy for me and I trained all of my Pokemon from the start. Pokemon Sapphire was easy for me because I mostly used Blaziken and only leveled him up. Since Torchic was an event for X/Y though which helped a lot I'd say X/Y is easier. Finding Legends is easier and the Elite Four has less Pokemon in X/Y too. I also think Kalos is a little bit easier to navigate as it's a fairly linear path.

the games are so easy since the last couple years, i don't think it matters much. ORAS is the newer game with more features, so unless you (or your brother) have a preferance for the other theme, i'd say get the most recent game.

I think X / Y is best for a noob, because X / Y explains everything very well, it is easier, who played the first generation will like it even more, and also because pokémon OR / AS is full of secrets to capture the legendary pokémon

X and Y is slightly easier but ORAS really shouldn't be a problem. Since ORAS has a lot of references to X and Y though, I'd say start with X and Y, that's more fun.

well, both are easy if you use the exp sharer, but if you dont use it, its harder
but i dont like these games because in ORAS the battle frontier was cut and XY has shot post game

oh, and I hate the IVS because if you havent 6 IVS in all stats, you cant win in online,
if there wasnts IVS in pokemon games, all woulb be better, because i dont like hatch 1000 eggs for a single pokemon to use in online mode

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y would be your best choice as everything is explained with detail and I also used Pokemon Y to introduce my younger brother to the series. It has got him addicted and it actually helps to show newbies the laws of the pokemon world. Good luck in introducing it to your sibling. The most interesting thing that he will like is the online experience of trading (Excluding noob requests on GTS).

Back