Which RPG's are your favorite?

• Thread starter ShoxShark
  • Start date
ShoxShark

ShoxShark

The Shark :3
Towns Folk
Which RPG's are your favorite? I'm planning to buy a few new ones :p! I'm want to know which ones are good and why:thumbsup:.

IronFall Invasion is a good RPG game. It has two modes: Online Multiplayer and Single- Player Campaign. Super Fun.
*Try the Demo before you buy to make sure you like it.

I personally like all the pokemon games, Chrono trigger, and Final fantasy 1-10 to name a few.

Try the Mother series, a great RPG which is fun, challenging, and share an interesting story. You can't actually buy the games but you can get the roms for them online and play them. It's a great RPG to get into, plus the soundtrack from the series is great. There's only 3 games in the series so it shouldn't take too long to beat.

Yea earthbound, mother2, was a really fun game. It is different than most rpgs and has alot of good humour to it.

Thanks! Lol helped me a lot, now I'm going to check out the mother series.

Awsome i hope you enjoy them they are a great set, and check out some of the other rpgs while your at it.

Out of most RPG games I would say that Pokemon would be my favorite :D It really kinda differs from the other games and they never seem to tend to disappoint :p that's why I like Pokemon games for that reason . I've also heard that Mother/Earthbound was also good too .

Lol I have both Alpha Sapphire and Y :p

You can't actually buy the games but you can get the roms for them online and play them.
bruh, Earthbound is on the Wii U VC.

My favourite RPG would be Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, second is Tales of the Abyss.

If you want a series full of good RPGs, try the Fire Emblem series, they're such good games.

bruh, Earthbound is on the Wii U VC.
Well I know Earthbound is but not the other two...

well for my I haven't played many rpg and if it counts jrpgs than I enjoy Eartbound. I also enjoy POKEMON, and there is not much rpgs I do know of so if you could leave a comment of suggestions for rpg on the 3ds, ds, and Gameboy I have very open arms for sugestions.

final fantasy tactics advance is fun on the gba. Chronotrigger i think had a ds release.

I'd recommend Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. It's a really nice, niche little game by Nippon Ichi, much like all their other titles - I'd consider Nippon Ichi the be the master of cult classics for this exact reason.

Mechanics are a little difficult to understand but the story and aesthetics are out of this world which is what most people look for in an RPG. Certainly very memorable in the former's case, and quite unique in the latter.

Mechanics are also notable for being very unique, too. Stuff like pacts and wallbreaking really shake up the usual formula of team building and exploring respectively. As well as a bunch more stuff I'm likely forgetting, there were so many cool little things in this game I've likely come to forget about.

I should replay it again sometime. Maybe I'll actually beat the final boss for once.

Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Suikoden II
Tales of Abyss/Vesperia
Skies of Arcadia
Persona 5

I really like earthbound because of it's aesthetic and characters. I'm hoping we can get a trilogy remaster on switch someday. >_<

Well I know Earthbound is but not the other two...
Not the other 1. Hey at least that's something.

Anyways for RPGs I like strategy and turn-based. Atlus's SMT series has plenty to try with many types of variations. For example Devil Summoner is more action based. Demi Kids is more for the younger audience. Devil Survivor is strategy on an isometric grid. Persona is from what I hear easier than the mainline games so if you want a hard one the upcoming Nocturne or 5 releases on Switch might get you into the genre more.

If you have a GBA or DS Advance Wars, the Mario/Luigi RPG, or Golden Sun games are more obscure in that genre than the rest. Worth trying though I only played the Mario ones out of that list.

i find dragon quest and final fantasy games to be safe picks.
etrian odyssey , demon gaze and 7th dragon are more niche.
hyper dimension neptunia for fan service type rpg.
disgaea series is good choice if fan of nisa.
luminous arc series if willing to play ds games and a vita game.

Back