Which Wii U game should I get for my 1st?

• Thread starter Mira
  • Start date
Mira

Mira

The Most Boring Person On Earth
Towns Folk
I just got my WiiU recently, am really happy with it, but now I've been thinking on the videogame I should get as my first. Here are my wishlist:

Zelda Wind Waker HD
Super Smash Bros. U
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U
Kirby and Rainbow Curse

If you have other suggestions, you may. :) Just to get some ideas, I'm interested mostly in Adventure, Action, and Puzzle games.

Reactions: Rockback
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze; Super Mario 3D World; and Bayonetta 2.

I'd recommend these in this order
What do you like the most? Adventure, Puzzle, or Action.
Also, If you have siblings you play with, you should look into multiplayer games.
I have all of these games, so I think I can help you.

If you like action more..

1.) Super Smash Bros Wii U
-Multiplayer
-FIghting

If you are interested in fighting games, you will like this game. If you are not, you most likely will still like this game. I have a bunch of siblings and family friends and when they come over, a simple game like this can turn into a chaotic mess (of fun). Smash is a fun game, you basically beat people up, and when they get to a high percentage, you can knock them off the stage. It feels so satisfying using a charge attack and watch the character hit the screen and get launched. However, there is a competitive side to it too. So, someone can't just spam the same attack and win. This game is really simple and REALLY fun to play with friends. I think the best part to it would be the multiplayer. If you are going to get this for single player, I wouldn't reccommend it. Unless you really, really want the game.

2.) Mario Kart 8
-Action
-Racing

I would reccommend this 2nd. I don't have a burning love for this game, But it's really fun with friends.
You basically race (No way! xD) and try to make it to first place. However, there are items that stop you .
I'd get smash If I have to choose a multiplayer game, but it's up to you.

If you like adventure/puzzle more...

1.) Super Mario 3d World (I added this. I think you'd like it!
-Action
-Adventure
-Multiplayer
- Some puzzle aspects
-Only get over windwaker if you have siblings to play multiplayer with.

This game is my most favorite mario game. Never did I think I could play mario bros with friends and not bump into them every view seconds. This game is a 3d adventure game, a platformer and it's incredibly fun. The levels are so varied and there is tons of replay value because you have to unlock everything in order to gain access to the final world. This game was the reason I got the Wii U. The only think that disappoints me about this game, is that there's no online multiplayer. Nonetheless, it's fun. Up to 4 players can jump on goombas, kill stuff with fire flowers, or even suicide if they like. I recommended smash before this because I have a bias for smash, but this game is Definitely worth a shot.

2.) Legend Of Zelda Windwaker HD
-Action
-Adventure
-Puzzle :D
-If you are going to be playing alone

Oh wow. This game fits all your descriptions. If you are planning to play alone one the Wii U, this is the ONE game I would reccomend over any other game. I think it is beautifully remastered in HD and it's so nostalgic. I remember playing windwaker when I was little, But this brought back all those nice memories of hiding in the barrels, getting shot from a barrel, losing my sword, upgrading my bomb bag etc. If you are planning single player YOU MUST GET THIS GAME. (if you want xc) I love it so much, ad there's so many sidequests to do, I sometimes forget about the story. I've finished this game 3 times, but I feel like there's still a lot left to explore.

3.) Hyrule Warriors
-Action
- Adventure (Sorta.... Repetitive.)

I always go to my cousins house and we play this. It gets repetitive (fast) for me. If you like the dynasty warriors series though and don't mind a repetitive hack n slash, I'd go for it. But I would not recommend it.

I didn't add a puzzle section . My bad. I guess gaes fall into one category or the other. Good luck! :D

Reactions: Rockback, Mikaya, Mira and 2 others
Well if your a LOZ fan I I think I could tell by your list, I would say go for Wind Waker HD if you never played the original on the GC and Hyrule Warriors consists of allot of combat and hacking/slashing your way to victory with MANY characters and it has lots of fun things in it(it's not only a Dynasty Warriors clone :D)

Reactions: Mira
I'd go with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Everyone with a Wii U has it so it'd be easy to find someone to play online with, and it's a ton of fun. This doesn't mean you shouldn't get any of the other games on your list eventually, though; they're all fantastic.

I'd go with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Everyone with a Wii U has it so it'd be easy to find someone to play online with, and it's a ton of fun. This doesn't mean you shouldn't get any of the other games on your list eventually, though; they're all fantastic.
Are you sure its ALL of them?

In case you wanna wait long til the end of this year, you should get Zelda U. But according to you, you just got the wii u so I bet you won't wait that longer to get your first game. If you like fights and really crazy things going on in your tv screen and having some fun together with frinds, then you could get smash. Similar but not the same, you could get mario kart 8, to me it is a terrific game that won't make you feel bored at all. This is from what I know, I can't go any further talking about other games because I haven't played them yet. I think hyrule warriors seems quite good too.

Depends what you're after. For a single player puzzle experience, I definitely recommend Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. If you love chaos as mentioned above and you would rather play with others, Smash or Mario Kart 8 are your way to go.

Reactions: Rockback
If I were you, I would buy Smash Bros. first. It would be what I'd be more excited for. That said, if you are more into adventure, then I would say Wind Waker, definitely.

I still haven't bought Wind Waker but I intend to, for sure.

Mario Kart 8 is the best game ever and you can play online with so many people around the world, it's pretty amazing!

Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8 or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, mainly because they have a lot to do in them and they are awsome to play with friends

You should get SSB4 first. It's a really fun game. Not only to play alone, but with friends.

Smash or Kart is the way to go since they have the most replay value. Smash especially is packed with single player content too and the ability to go online with friends or randoms is always fun. Kart also has great online and it will have a spurge again once the new tracks come out in the next few months. You really can't go wrong with either one as your first game. All of the other games in your list are very fun too.

I really suggest that Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart 8 is the best options for your very first game for the Wii U because they are really good games with excellent gameplay and graphics . These games are mostly lie on action alot and Mario Kart lying on Racing . of course . They have cool multiplayer which will let you be playing for many days and it will not get you bored for a long time . As a second game , Super Mario 3d Land would be really great or Zelda Wind Waker would be good too since you also like puzzle games

I think that you should get super smash bros. There is dlc that will be coming out which I think is worth it. Smash bros characters also have a different moveset from each other so no character is a clone. The stages are well made too. This game is one of the best sellers for the wii u. You will not regret getting super smash bros.

Back