SSB for Wii U Who actually won the Ballot in NA?

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So I was thinking about something from the final smash presentation. When bayonetta was announced the overall winner of the ballot, she was placed number one in europe, and among the top 5 in north america. But that doesnt necessarily mean she won the ballot in north america, which made me wonder who actually won the ballot here. It kind of confuses me more that nintendo didnt even post any type of ballot results or anything of such nature, so we all are left to assume Bayonetta got a spot in the roster from Ballot and thats it. But there is also the fact that 4 other characters were above her in the smash ballot in north america. I wonder who those other 4 might have been, and how close they were in the ballot compared to the winner Bayonetta.

Well one common theory floating around that the other top 4 in America that weren't bayonetta were made into mii costumes. This probably could hold some truth since heavily requested characters were made into costumes. However, I feel as if they will announce results at a later date to not cause confusion

Reactions: jomar500
Well one common theory floating around that the other top 4 in America that weren't bayonetta were made into mii costumes. This probably could hold some truth since heavily requested characters were made into costumes. However, I feel as if they will announce results at a later date to not cause confusion
I honestly thought the same thing. Looking at some of the mii costumes like Geno, Knuckles, etc. I think they are highly requested ballot fighters they may have gotten mii fighter zoned. I'm really hoping they share the actual ballot results soon because its gotten me curious about what the ballot was like l.

My problem was that Bayonetta was at the top of "realizable" characters. So who won the ballot overall? I keep reading things about King K. Rool, Wolf (I want Wolf as well.), Snake, and Ice Climbers (even though Nintendo said they couldn't on 3DS). I just want the results.

Sakurai did say that the others were from the previous games in the series. So maybe Wolf and Snake actually did place higher than Bayonetta (along with the other highly requested people, perhaps? I'd be dammed if Pichu had made the list).

My problem was that Bayonetta was at the top of "realizable" characters. So who won the ballot overall? I keep reading things about King K. Rool, Wolf (I want Wolf as well.), Snake, and Ice Climbers (even though Nintendo said they couldn't on 3DS). I just want the results.

Probably when he says realizable characters, he means characters that are not possible for the system (Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids), hard to make a moveset (K.Rool), too big/small (Ridley), corporative impossible (Snake, Sora (maybe)) or just a "H*LL NO!! (Goku, Shrek, Superman)

Also, I should point out that Sakurai said that Bayonetta was the top 1 overall winner in europe (that means unrealizable character counts and still she won), the same goes for America... I wonder who was the top 1 in Japan tho

Anyways, the possible 1-4 in america in my opinion

-Shovel Knight
-K. Rool
-Ridley
-Knuckles
-Tails
-Shadow
-Isaac
-Genos
-X
-Shantae
-Snake
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers (Guys, I get it, you miss the ICs, I miss them too, but the CAN'T be in the game)
-Chrom
-Bomberman
-Pokémon (Sceptile, Blaziken, Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Hawlucha)
-Banjo Kazooie
-Rayman

I'm a little surprised nobody has though of Crono for smash.

Probably when he says realizable characters, he means characters that are not possible for the system (Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids), hard to make a moveset (K.Rool), too big/small (Ridley), corporative impossible (Snake, Sora (maybe)) or just a "H*LL NO!! (Goku, Shrek, Superman)

Also, I should point out that Sakurai said that Bayonetta was the top 1 overall winner in europe (that means unrealizable character counts and still she won), the same goes for America... I wonder who was the top 1 in Japan tho

Anyways, the possible 1-4 in america in my opinion

-Shovel Knight
-K. Rool
-Ridley
-Knuckles
-Tails
-Shadow
-Isaac
-Genos
-X
-Shantae
-Snake
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers (Guys, I get it, you miss the ICs, I miss them too, but the CAN'T be in the game)
-Chrom
-Bomberman
-Pokémon (Sceptile, Blaziken, Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Hawlucha)
-Banjo Kazooie
-Rayman
Not Shadow because he's already an Assist Trophy; and he MAY have been a semi-clone of Sonic. (Semi because of both hedgehogs' shoes) Who knows?

Not Shadow because he's already an Assist Trophy; and he MAY have been a semi-clone of Sonic. (Semi because of both hedgehogs' shoes) Who knows?

Yeah I know, but I'm pretty sure that the Shadow fans didn't care about it... just like Waluigi and Rydley fans, that's why I putted him in the list

The character I had put in the ballot was Deoxys, because it carries the possibility of 16 moves (by changing form).

Steve from Minecraft could have been in the top 4. Minecraft is one of the biggest games, and the fan base is huge. It would have been impossible to create though, considering Microsoft owns Mojang.

The character I had put in the ballot was Deoxys, because it carries the possibility of 16 moves (by changing form).
You know that in sm4sh, there are no characters with changing forms... right?

This I what I think.

1. K. Rool

2. Shantae?

3. Shovel knight/ crash bandicoot

4. Some bs vote such as shrek or goku

5. Bayonetta (con formed top 5 as in the last video direct)

You know that in sm4sh, there are no characters with changing forms... right?
I guy can dream can't he?

I do know the logic against it though.

Steve from Minecraft could have been in the top 4. Minecraft is one of the biggest games, and the fan base is huge. It would have been impossible to create though, considering Microsoft owns Mojang.
I cringe at the thought of Steve in smash, sorry know so really cringy children in my grade, uh kill me, but mimecraft doesnt own mojang 100%, I think, Minecraft got confirmed for wiiu release, but I feel that snake, wolf, k rool, and chrom would dominate the tier, along with geno p Layton and Issac.

I cringe at the thought of Steve in smash, sorry know so really cringy children in my grade, uh kill me, but mimecraft doesnt own mojang 100%, I think, Minecraft got confirmed for wiiu release, but I feel that snake, wolf, k rool, and chrom would dominate the tier, along with geno p Layton and Issac.
I like to give my messages a once-over before I post. Mojang owns Minecraft, and Minecraft already IS a Wii U game. I'm in the process of building a fortress with a lava moat.

Love your title btw.

I like to give my messages a once-over before I post. Mojang owns Minecraft, and Minecraft already IS a Wii U game. I'm in the process of building a fortress with a lava moat.

Love your title btw.
1.sorry about that
2. Currently waiting for physical release (confirmed for later date)
3. Why thank you! Got it from a FE awakening tier (robin had his own tier)
Any who I would loved professor Layton in super smash bros, he is just so amazing, I own all his games (have proof of beating 1-5, am currently playing 6) and the movie, which is a great buy considering it's a collectable you can get new for $4-5. Sword fighting plus coin gun! All hail Layton!

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Layton, but I can imagine his moveset.

I love Awakening, however, I don't understand why anyone would want Chrom. What would have been interesting is if they replaced Marth with Chrom, which I'm sure most fans would support; I don't think there are any die-hard FE Shadow Dragon fans.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Minecraft is bigger than any of the games you've mentioned. Everyone has heard of Minecraft, while only gamers know of the characters you've mentioned.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
I feel like Cloud won the ballot in NA. Sakurai did say he was the "Most Requested Final Fantasy Character" and all, but, how else would it be possible for a character whose only appearance on a Nintendo console was as a guest character (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on GBA) ever be in Smash? The only logical explanation is that Cloud won the Ballot in the US. Bayonetta won in Europe, and I think Corrin won in Japan, because Fates isn't out in NA or EU yet.

Back