Persona Q Who did you choose first between the P3 and P4 Heroes in Persona Q?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Before playing the game, you have the choice of choosing from which Persona (P3 and P4) protagonist's perspective to play from - Makoto Yuki from Persona 3 or Yu Narukami from Persona 4.

Who did you choose first and why?

I'm still debating who I should choose. The shoutbox poll I had ended in a tie so that didn't help much =/

Hmm it depends on which cast you like more as a whole, becuase the very beginning of the game is exclusively with the cast that you chose. Plus whichever protaganist you don't choose suddenly gets a voice and that's pretty cool to see.

I would personally say go with the P4 cast, because the P3 cast has the all-hated Ken while the P4 cast has no one hateable (at least for me). Plus the P3 protaganist seems like a more interesting character than the P4 one, so it'd be cool seeing him talk.

Or you could play the game twice and pick different casts for each playthrough.

Minako Arisato for P3, just because she is a female! Makoto Yuki is a cutie but I still prefer to play as a female.
I never play other version of Persona, but I don't really like the look of Yu Narukami....

Hmm it depends on which cast you like more as a whole, becuase the very beginning of the game is exclusively with the cast that you chose. Plus whichever protaganist you don't choose suddenly gets a voice and that's pretty cool to see.
I chose the P3 hero because I've seen Persona 4 the animation and have no idea what the people in P3 are like, so I was a bit curious, heh. I thought that everyone came together since it's a crossover but maybe I haven't reached that far in the game yet.

^ If that happens, don't tell me (most likely it will I believe because it is a crossover). I want to be surprised xD

I would personally say go with the P4 cast, because the P3 cast has the all-hated Ken while the P4 cast has no one hateable (at least for me). Plus the P3 protaganist seems like a more interesting character than the P4 one, so it'd be cool seeing him talk.
He isn't that annoying in Persona Q but then again he doesn't talk that much :p
Or you could play the game twice and pick different casts for each playthrough.
I thought they both had their own unique events, but I guess I was wrong =/ (at least I think)
Minako Arisato for P3,
We're talking about Persona Q :p but she isn't playable in Persona Q, only Makoto Yuki, :panda:

We're talking about Persona Q :p but she isn't playable in Persona Q, only Makoto Yuki, :panda:

Oops sorry, I didn't read the title correctly, I just read the content :p

The people in P3 are as good if not better than the P4 characters without Ken, and if as you said Ken doesn't talk much you made an excellent choice. You also get an arguably slightly better battle music theme so that's an added bonus.

I started with the P3 team and will play through again as the P4 team after. I chose the P3 team as I haven't played 3 in over 2 years and I am midway through my 3rd (and I hope last) P4 Golden Playthrough in 18 months (it's that Risette fan trophy, it just won't pop).

Seeing the P3 protagonist with Elizabeth in the velvet room with Aria of the Soul playing was so familiar it removed any concerns I had about the art style

Reactions: Marc
Back