Who else thinks they won't get a Switch?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date

Will the Switch shipment idea bomb?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

• Wut?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
OK, so besides the people who pre-ordered the Switch, who thinks they aren't going to be able to get one? I mean, I sure think this marketing idea is going to bomb just like the NES Classic Edition. No one could ever get their hands on one of those, and when someone did, they turned around and sold them on Ebay for $200! It was majorly insane. Personally, I think that if Nintendo doesn't let Nintendo of America deal with the American shipments, THIS WILL BOMB. No one will be able to get their hands on one except the pre-orders and a few other lucky people. I hope that this doesn't happen, that's just what I think is going to happen. What about you guys? Post feedback in the comments section!!!!!

EDIT- There's also a poll for you guys to vote on!! So don't be shy!!!!!

The switch is reigon free meaning every switch in the world is identical, which contributes to the factor...Personally, if you goto a small walmart or small retailers in small towns you'll be more likely to find a switch rather than at a place like for example a big city at a gamestop/bigger retailer store/etc.

I won't. No point boarding a sinking ship.
The switch is reigon free meaning every switch in the world is identical, which contributes to the factor...Personally, if you goto a small walmart or small retailers in small towns you'll be more likely to find a switch rather than at a place like for example a big city at a gamestop/bigger retailer store/etc.

-they still have differences
-they can't even make the console available enough in bigger outlets? Why even release if they don't have enough units? That's right - because they expect people to go out of their way to buy one. They don't care about their fans being scalped - Reggie sure doesn't- but to be honest the fanboys wouldn't mind blowing off an excess $150 to get a buggy console earlier either.

I won't. No point boarding a sinking ship.

-they still have differences
-they can't even make the console available enough in bigger outlets? Why even release if they don't have enough units? That's right - because they expect people to go out of their way to buy one. They don't care about their fans being scalped - Reggie sure doesn't- but to be honest the fanboys wouldn't mind blowing off an excess $150 to get a buggy console earlier either.

My point is it technically should make it easier to produce more units yet nintendo refuses. The switch ain't any sinking ship. How is switch a "buggy" console? Because there's one defective unit out in the wild? The bigger outlets are sold out, is also my point there, it wasn't defending anything, just advice for console launches in general if they're sold out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Knight
I think everyone who wants a switch will be able to get one. Yes, we have seen how it was sold those very early hours, but nintendo is doubling the production of switch so they can make sure no one is left behind. So, if you weren´t lucky enough to get your switch yet, remain calm because nintendo got you covered ;);););););)

I think everyone who wants a switch will be able to get one.;);););););)
Yeah money grows on trees doesn't it :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

But nintendo is doubling the production of switch so they can make sure no one is left behind.

I doubt that since it's a marketing ploy. More news coverage on the shortages = more coverage and then in turn, more money.

I'm not going to a switch unless they fix quite a bit as currently, I personally hate it. My main issue with it is online play, I may buy a switch if either there's a way round the payment, or Nintendo ends up not doing it. Other issues involves hardware, games (Though i know that will change in future), decals and launch issues (to which, understandingly, there was quite a few). My main issues are the hardware and online play though, it's just.. the hardware isn't brilliant, and the online play is just stupid how they've done it.

Reactions: EstebanTill2 and 18
Reactions: 28142
I mean, I sure think this marketing idea is going to bomb just like the NES Classic Edition.

I don't think it's a marketing ploy. After the failure of the Wii U, Nintendo was being conservative in the selling estimates, not wanting to produce more consoles than they could sell. Since the launch success of the Switch they have since stated that they are doubleing production. I personally think it will become more readily available soon.

How is switch a "buggy" console? Because there's one defective unit out in the wild? The bigger outlets are sold out, is also my point there, it wasn't defending anything, just advice for console launches in general if they're sold out.

I will admit that the switch has some issues, even if they aren't widespread. It's easy for a few sour and vocal people on the internet to sound like a majority. What console launch hasn't had issues before? Some problems aren't going to surface until you have literally millions of people trying it, probably in ways the developers and designers didn't think of. It has some problems, yes, but that's part of every system, and they will get ironed out in the future.

I think everyone who wants a switch will be able to get one. Yes, we have seen how it was sold those very early hours, but Nintendo is doubling the production of switch so they can make sure no one is left behind.
Yes, they are doubling production. I know it isn't this way everywhere, but in my area I went to a local-ish GameStop and they had quite a few switches available. Like 6-8 that I saw. I know this isn't the case everywhere, obviously, but they aren't impossible to come by even before the doubled production.

My main issue with it is online play, I may buy a switch if either there's a way round the payment, or Nintendo ends up not doing it.

I don't get why people are so irritated at Nintendo for paid online play. I'll admit I hated it at first. Sony and Microsoft both do it and it's fine so why is Nintendo bad? They don't have it quite decided pricing, features, etc. yet, but for a while it's free so you don't have to worry for some time. And from what I've heard it also sounds like it is going to be pretty cheap.

Overall, I think the switch is a cool concept, but it does have some problems. I do want to get one, but I'll probably wait for a while until all the online features are decided, launch bugs are worked out, more stock becomes widely available, and more games are released. No, It's obviously not perfect, and definitely had it's share of problems, but I still thing it a good system that will eventually get most of it's problems (hopefully) fixed.

I don't get why people are so irritated at Nintendo for paid online play. I'll admit I hated it at first. Sony and Microsoft both do it and it's fine so why is Nintendo bad? They don't have it quite decided pricing, features, etc. yet, but for a while it's free so you don't have to worry for some time. And from what I've heard it also sounds like it is going to be pretty cheap.

In my case at least, I'll never be allowed to pay for it, and yes it might be free, but then I won't be able to play the games which I brought the switch for for very long (since the games I only really want is multiplayer/online)

People are irritated by Nintendo's version of the online play due to how they've done it. Sure you get online play, voice chat (which I see getting abused and hacked for malicious purposes honestly) and an old game which you RENT for a month for free. You're only really paying for the online play, which is where they've gone wrong imo. Microsoft and Sony do it differently, they offer more then just online play included in the subscription.

It's also just not a Nintendo thing to do. They've never done this before and it kinda goes against what's they've done. Yes, it might make online play a bit better, yes it might filter out the people who don't know how to play the game. But looking at Sony and Microsoft's online play, did putting a subscription on it help them? Just look at the main CoD fanbase and how toxic that usually is. (No offence meant to any CoD players, this is just my stand on the CoD community which is what I think of when i think of CoD, and what I've experienced whenever I've played the franchise on multiplayer)

I probably won't get it anytime soon thanks to the shortage of games and the buggy console itself and of other reasons. I also don't want to get a console because of only 1 or 2 games because that is just a waste of money and that is probably gonna be horrible for you when a better switch 2.0 or a bundle comes out and you can't buy it

Back