Homebrew Who here uses Homebrew and what is the best method to use it?

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date

What is the best?

• Total voters
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
I'm very interested in homebrew since you can play region free games,emulators,and download custom themes which I think is really cool. But I wonder what is the best method and that is why I ask you guys what is the best method and why is it the best. ;):cat:

I used to use the 3DS Homebrew until it just stopped working. The best way at the time was to use the YouTube exploit to install ironhax. Afterwards, I just used the Ironfall exploit everytime. But if you updated your software, it probably won't work for you anymore.

Yeah a heard that Tubehax was dead and that Nintendo patched it a few weeks ago. R.I.P :cry::cry::cry:

Yea, I would want to do this at one point too. I really want to play Earthbound on my 3DS, but sadly it is not on the 3DS eshop. My phone emulator is not the greatest and it would be awesome to take SNES games on the go. If I were to get a physical copy of Earthbound, it would cost a lot, and I do not have an SNES, nor do I know where I would put one.

The best method I think is the one I use :p
You need your 3DS on 9.0 or 9.2 though so I guess most people here can't use that anymore.

So basically, in 9.0-9.2, all exploits are available. So just use browserhax to install themehax and now at every boot, you can choose between your "normal" 3DS menu or the homebrew launcher, depending on the state (pressed or not) of a key you configured while setting up themehax.

Ok, but what if you want to play Triforce Heroes, which requires a 9.9+ firmware ?
Well, just set themehax to run autoboot instead of the homebrew launcher, and configure autoboot to give you the choice between the homebrew launcher and an emuNAND booting method. That emuNAND will be up to date and won't support homebrew but you don't care since your sysNAND does.

Summary of the result: now, everytime I boot my 3DS, I see a menu that gives me the choice between a "normal" 3DS menu and the homebrew launcher. So my vote goes to Browser and HomeMenu.

I use homebrew (duh)

Best method below 9.2: Themehax auto-boot and Ironhax, mostly because CFW. (I'm going to get a <--9.2 2DS soon for this)

Best method above 9.2: Ironhax 2.5 and Themehax 2.5, with HANS for region free and romhacks (I use this)

Back