Who is your favorite gym leader?

• Thread starter Truninjajoe
  • Start date
Truninjajoe

Truninjajoe

Apples
Towns Folk
so, the title pretty much says it. Who is your favorite gym leader?

It's so hard to choose.

But Iris, Brock, and Misty are my favorites. Then Giovanni falls in last because he has an actual role and not some old who can't get his own Pikachu.

What giovannis an awesome gym leader. The bad guy leader is also a gym leader.
But my actual favorite is wallace. This gym leader is a water gym leader whos gym terrain was ice. Also this amazing gym leader was so awesome, he becomes the champion in the remake.
My least favorite was Erika the grass gym leader. I'm a blastoise guy who finally meets his match at that gym.

If it's favorite gym leader in general, not just games, Giovanni is by far the ultimate gym leader. In the Gen I games, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Rhydon, Dugtrio and Rhyhorn, plus all of them knowing fissure and half of them horn drill too, as well as other strong moves and as always all have 6IVs like every Gym Leader/Elite4/Champion Pokemon does, it was practically impossible to not lose half you team at least. In addition to this, in the manga Pokemon Adventures, he is far stronger than all the Kanto Elite Four put together, as they
had a way to awaken Lugia and capture it, but to do so requires all 8 Kanto badges to be obtained. So, the Elite 4 conspired to wait until someone beat the Gym, then steal the badge from him because they
were afraid of challenging Giovanni themselves. Also, he has only been defeated by two people, Red and Green. In the manga, the gym battle was like this: you lay down all you Pokemon in their pokeballs on the floor and part of the battle is reaching for the pokeballs to call out the Pokemon to battle, as in the process, Pokemon were allowed to attack the other trainer even directly. It doesn't get more hardcore than that! Or...actually, it DOES! He even has Deoxys, with free forme switching ability because he altered the very environment of Kanto and Hoenn just to make it able to freely switch between all 4 formes! On top of all that, he is the boss of Team Rocket, which despite popular belief (bases on the anime trio), is as awesome an organization as it gets! Even the initials that form the Rocket in the name have a deep meaning about the origin and the purpose of the group, "Raid On the City, Knock out, Evil Tusks"! Imagine, how strong he must be to have the Three Beasts at his beck and call, three of the strongest trainers in the region! There's a LOT more cool stuff about him, in-game or not, that make him THE ULTIMATE Gym Leader!
If I had to pick an alternative for just in-game Gym Leaders, once again, Viridian City's Gym Leader, Green (Blue / Gary). He is the strongest Gym Leader, second only to...you guessed it, Giovanni! What makes Green unique, is that, unlike in most cases, he doesn't specialize in one type, but uses a team that closely resembles the one he had as Champion in the Gen I and Gen III games. Still, he's second best and will always be.

Reactions: J9794
Clemont because fast quizzes and and easy battles

I'm gonna have to go with Lieutenant Surge on this one... not only because he is the electric type gym leader (My favorite type) but he also looks like a teacher that you would have at school that would be REALLY REALLY REALLY strict if you misbehaved in class but... If you were always doing your homework and being a good kid in class he would be a really chill and fun teacher that everyone would like except for the trouble makers. (since they're getting in trouble all the time which would result in the teacher being strict and them being punished all the time.) But back to the point, I love his hair style too... so he just seems really awesome to me!:)

Either Sabrina or Blaine.
Sabrina: she's a psychic. Oh, that's not enough? Well, she came to saffron, beat the former Gym and made hers the official one. Also, her main, Alakazam is one of the most awesome pokemon out there.
Blaine: in the manga he created Mewtwo, in the anime he had one of the coolest battles against Ash and he was also funny during the chapters he appeared. Also, his sprite rocks

giphy.gif

Skyla. Cause she's a pilot :D

Who is it?

Mine is all water types!

I would say Brock because of the anime, but it's hard to pick a favourite.
Also:

Reactions: Mizunil
I like a lot of Gym Leaders. Viola is my favorite early game one that I lost to first try due to bad RNG. Clair is neat for having Kingdra. I found Gen 4 Leaders to be the most unique. Notably early game ones where your choices are limited in terms of what you can catch and their attacks. My latest playthrough of Diamond had me dealing with Roserade and my Dustox fainted. I still beat her though through Stun Spore on my Budew and I used my bulky Prinplup to deal damage after some debuffs on her. Even without choosing Chimchar you can win but it does give you a difficulty to help or hinder growth early giving you a choice of the strategies you want. Fantina is my favorite in general because of using ghost types and being in the Pokemon contest Hall. Byron is my favorite man's man of a Gym Leader for mining Iron Island even though his Gym was a pushover. A he's got a shovel AND a cape that makes him look like Action Dexter in Ego Trip (all I remember is he dug through the Earth with a spoon but I can't find anything as a reference).

Reactions: Mizunil
Cheren was one of them because you were his rival in the previous game and it was really cool to see that he actually got character development and became a gym leader. I also liked Korrina because megas were new and she had a mega Lucario which was insanely cool at the time, and Nessa because nessa.
CherenB2W2
Korrina
Nessa

Whitney.

SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM :blackeye:

Reactions: Kalleh
Back