SwSh Who is your favorite Pokemon Sword/Shield character?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are now out on the Nintendo Switch and I'm sure some of you have been playing. You've most likely come across a bunch of characters by now. Even if you're not playing, you might have seen some screenshots of them posted by others or heard about it in news posts.

From what you've played or seen so far, who is your favorite character in the game and why?

Character as in Pokemon, or an actual character, such as Hop or Sonia?

Character as in Pokemon, or an actual character, such as Hop or Sonia?
Characters like Hop and Sonia.

Atm, Its probably Sonia. Currently in the story, she's the only person who isn't annoying. Marnie and that one kid with the purple jacket aren't necessarily annoying, and are well thought out (at least up to where I am now) but as characters aren't really that interesting. Same goes for gym leaders. Sonia actually does something other than being a roadblock, and helps us

whoops my sentence cut off
what i was saying was that she helps us learn about the lore of the Galar region

Definitely Sonia

Nessa, cause she cute :p

From the characters I know so far, hop is just too annoying, Leon is just the undefeatable champion with a Charizard and eh. None of them have really stood out to me honestly.

Reactions: Mizunil
Pier I love him and his themr

Melony cause of plot reasons

The ghost gym leader with the mask. I forget his name... and Piers.

My favorite character in Sword and Shield is probably Bede. I'm usually a fan of characters who are a jerk to the main character thinking that they are better then everyone else and we haven't had one of those types since Silver from Gold and Silver I want to say. He plays his role well from being a psychic trainer to a fairy type trainer after Chairmen Cole ends his career and Opel taking over and in the champion tournament you can see that most of his old team members have been replaced by fairy types. This is what makes him unique to a lot of characters in the pokemon world in previous generations of having a different team.

Well I think Chairman Rose makes the most sense to me why I like him. He's evil (as I predicted) and for the most part looks like a normal guy unlike a lot of antagonists in the past. He parallels a character like Es Cade but without playing the game and including the fact that more legendaries are involved makes me think the story would be deeper.

Probably Milo, since he's got such a unique design.

Also because I saw some sick fanart as a cross between Milo and Mirio, which was pretty cool.

d0a.jpg

Even though I was unsure at first, as the story progressed I started to like Sonia, because she started to make her own path in an endearing way. The Champion Leon took the close second because I like his charisma, and his Charizard pose looks cool, too.

I didn't like Hop much at first, but as the story progressed I liked him more and more. I almost wanted to let him win near the end of the game just because he was so cute and sad. I am a fan of "failure" story arcs though, where characters have to accept their limitations and adapt to find happiness, and I'm glad his story did have him overcoming his own failures rather than the typical "instant happiness" formula old rivals have (where they are near immediately happy for your success over them, Hop has to adjust to your success to be happy.)
Then again, I also like cute characters, so I'm biased bc Hop is frankly adorable.

Hop was annoying but i also really liked him throughout the story. was nice having him as a friend during events when he is by your side. i actually felt so sorry and sad for him when he got upset and started entering his defeated mindset and was struggling to keep up. but he did bounce back and was always there to help you. plus like Chronal said! he became something awesome after and has become extra helpful and useful! he is a good kid.

Back