Who's the most underrated character in FE?

• Thread starter Manakete_Smoocher
  • Start date
Manakete_Smoocher

Manakete_Smoocher

The Brib Lord
Towns Folk
I've seen threads of the most overrated characters (and they came to the conclusion of like, Chrom, Lucina, and Tharja for the most part), but who do you think is the most underrated?
I would personally say Miriel and Maribelle. They're two of my best units, yet I'm the only person in my entire friend group who even remotely likes them. In fact, I'd say they're some of my favorite characters in Awakening!
So I'm curious; who do you think is the most underrated character (or characters) in the Fire Emblem Series? You're welcome to talk about other games too! The only reason I only mentioned FEA is because I'm the only one in my friend group who plays the other games and I don't know how my friends would feel about the characters.
But anyways, who do you think is the most underrated?

I've only played FE Awakening but I think it's Riken for me. Through my first playthough, he was super useful and was the first of my characters to have something other than just fire, thunder, or wind so he was extra strong at that time. He's often overlooked by many of the other mages in the game for good reason too.

Ahh, I can see why Ricken is considered underrated.
Honestly, the only reason he's bad in my file is because of Miriel! She was a beast by the time I got to Ricken and Maribelle's level, so I decided it would be a waste to train him when Miriel was already way better than him.
BUT, I have fought some formidable Ricken's in other people's streetpass teams. He definitely has the potential to be a powerful unit if you choose to use him. One reason I usually opt out of using him is because he's really young and I just feel bad about getting him married to... well... anyone really.
I will agree with you though. He's definitely an underrated character.

In FEA, my most underrated character would have to have been Sumia. Not in terms of shipping or anything, it's just that her strength growth always ends up subpar for some reason in my file. She's really fast but that's about it. Her strength is usually so low that all of her attacks do no damage and her defense is also very low; she's good against mages but... eh. I end up pairing her with Frederick so that she gets the strength and defense and Freddy gets the speed but, if it weren't for Cynthia, I would bench Sumia permanently.

I agree with Ricken, though, I personally prefer him. He ends up having very high defense when I use him, making him one of the most durable mage characters and I like that he can tank a hit. I would also nominate the spotpass characters because of their availability at after Chapter 25 (I think) and lack of supports. Same goes for Say'ri, Flavia and Basilio.

Also, Makalov from FE9/10. He's actually a pretty decent unit if given the proper exp. Plus, I like his supports with Astrid, another character that tends to be meh unless patient when leveling up. I remember that I once used all the cavalier characters and had like a whole brigade of paladins. It was glorious.

I also got Sunia married to Frederick, but that was mainly because I had already paired her other potential spouses with other people. She's actually a pretty decent character in my file, but that's probably due to second seals and reclassing. I will admit that Cynthia is a really good unit because of the defense boost she gets from her father because of this. All in all, I think Cordelia tends to make a better Pegasus Knight than Sumia in my experience.
Ricken is a good unit, but when it comes to Ricken vs. Miriel I prefer Miriel because she hits harder. She also never has a problem dodging hits in my files, so her lower defense doesn't come into play. But either way, even when she does get hit, she has Lifetaker to easily restore the damage taken.
I haven't played enough of Ike's games to know who those people are, but a Paladin brigade sounds great cx

Probably my boy Owain. He may act silly but boy does he rek fools

Back