Splatoon 2 Why do people go for non-pure gear in Splatoon 2?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
As you can see from the screenshot below (got it from Google Images cause I couldn't find a better example to show), the build is missing a "primary ink saver" secondary to complete the "pure" gear.

l1TRjZX.jpg

I'm wondering why people do this. Is the slot a waste or what if you complete the "pure"?

This could be for a couple of reasons. Although I am using the image for example, I know you mean in general so I guess I also mean my answer can be taken for in general.

1. The player is using the headset to farm pieces right now, so that is probably not the final gear.

2. Another thing could be that they were preparing it for a different set. I've seen some players have a strategy of separating the 3 gear between two pieces. So for example maybe they have a shirt that is "Special power up" with two slots on that and one with "Primary ink saver".
The reasoning is very simple, you get the same result if you put them on as if you had them pure but you need fewer ability chunks if you accommodate everything between the two.
To make two pure clothes you spend something like 10xa 20xa 30xa & 10xb, 20xb 30xb, = 60xa +60xb
if you use two gears you spend 10xa 20xa 10xb & 10xb, 20xb, 10xa = 30xa +30xb
So if they are sure you will use both pieces of clothes together, so maybe that's why they have that particular one like that.

Also, not everyone is into pure sets. I know I am not. I rather the Primary slot to be something I can't get for the smaller chunks like Tenacity. I guess different people just play it differently.

It's too difficult to get pure gear. If that person wants to fill that one pointless slot with another Ink Saver (Main) ability, they will have to spend another 30 Ink Saver (Main) ability chunks just to make the headphones pure. It's very difficult getting 30 chunks of the same ability and it involves spending a lot of cash from all the scrubbing and you'll need 60 for three of the same ability in one piece of gear. The other alternative is to scrub all the slots but that costs 20 000G, and the consequence of that is that they will have to start all over again on their quest to make those Studio Headphones 'pure'. The person might as well take the gear as it is otherwise he or she will have to scrub it and they will only get two Ink Saver (Main) ability chunks in return instead of the 30 ability chunks that it took them to put two of the same ability in one piece of gear.

Back