Why I Encourage You to Play VGC!

• Thread starter EspyyVGC
  • Start date
EspyyVGC

EspyyVGC

Totes profesh
Towns Folk
Where do you live? If you live in Europe, Australia or New Zealand, South Africa or America and you DON'T play VGC, I would highly encourage you to pick it up!

*VGC= Video Game Championships. Still not ringing a bell? World Championships? Ray Rizzo? Arash Omati? Se Jun Park? Aaron Zheng!?

I play VGC and quite frankly, I'm surprised to see so many people who don't play! I mean, why not? By being a VGC player, you are opened to a whole new community of fellow Pokemon fans! Everyone in the VGC community is so supportive, and so nice! I've made a countless number of friends just by attending the Melbourne regionals, and a whole lot more by going to the Australian Nationals!

Another thing is that VGC isn't totally different to singles. Certainly, there are the differences, but when you play, you won't feel alienated.

On the flip side, there are those small differences that make VGC unique, and that uniqueness fuels the fun of VGC. In VGC, you need to think outside of the box, be quick in your decisions and be efficient with them as well.

Another thing is that there are no silly restrictions. (Smogon fans I'm sorry) right now, the rules are Kalos Dex and Kalos Born Pokemon only. Kalos born is to ensure no hacking, and Kalos Dex is just a spin on the normal rules. No banning Aegislash bcos it can sweep +6 with Shadow Sneak. Most people actually run special Aegislash o_O

Still not convinced?
So your saying that being welcomed into a fun-loving community, and playing battles that are not restricted in silly ways isn't enough? Then how about I give you a cookie then you join the VGC community? (Jk :p)

If you have been convinced that VGC is TOTES AMAYMAY AND CRAY and you would like to challenge me, the VGC gym leader, I will gladly accept!

If you've never played VGC before check out my other post on how to make a VGC team! If you still don't know, just comment on that post and I will help you out there!

Ty, and lates!

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyElf
Youth and traveling stop me :( but I am starting to make my own team, so I may battle you in a few months ;)

Reactions: CrazyElf
I play VGC and it is very fun :cat: i haven't been able to get any further then my home state (South Australia) though sadly but i have gotten close and have been getting closer ever year. one day i will be up there and you will be hearing my name in the championships hehe :cat:

I play VGC and it is very fun :cat: i haven't been able to get any further then my home state (South Australia) though sadly but i have gotten close and have been getting closer ever year. one day i will be up there and you will be hearing my name in the championships hehe :cat:

Lol I'm in Victoria so I'm lucky since that's where Nats is :p

You should challenge me sometime, since timezones won't be a problem ;)

Lol I'm in Victoria so I'm lucky since that's where Nats is :p

You should challenge me sometime, since timezones won't be a problem ;)
You will surly win :p But sure thing! later on we can have a VGC battle together :cat:

I don't think there are VGCs in our area. I would like to go though, as an spectator. Just started to learn how to build teams.

I don't think there are VGCs in our area. I would like to go though, as an spectator. Just started to learn how to build teams.
That's a shame that there aren't any vgc comps :cry::cry::cry:
But that's still great you've started :)

I recently started battling online and I found I had a fairly natural talent for it, but I honestly don't know much in the way of getting into a VGC tournament. Would anyone mind helping me out with this? I would very much appreciate it :)

I don't even know if VGC is something strong where I live, but battlespot doubles is pure FUN, and you can try some weird things that wouldn't be possible on singles. I'm sure I won't get tired of Mega Aerodactyl Sky Drop + No Guard Machamp soon.

I've always had a VGC Doubles Trick Room team in mind but being quite busy meant I didn't have much time to breed the Pokemon I need. But I expect to be able to finish the team before the 2nd VGC here happens :D

VGC isn't something that is popular in my area. But it sure does sound fun. I'd love to make new friends with similar interests as me. It's always fun meeting new people. I'm still confused as to what it is, so sorry if I sound like a dog trying to meow ^.^

Also @J9794 I'm going to try that now :D

Reactions: Mr. Kream
I love playing VGC on Battle Spot doubles, but there's no tournaments or anything where I live. It's a miracle if you find somebody with a 3DS here in India.

Back