Why is Petey Piranha so popular?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
I don't get the fascination of Petey Piranha. He was just a boss in Super Mario Sunshine. Then, for some reason, he started appearing in Mario spin off games, as a playable character , was a boss in Mario and Luigi, and was a boss in Brawl's single player mode. I don't get it. What did Petey do to get this sort of recognition? He's just a giant Piranha Plant. Why is he popular?

I guess he's a bit like Wiggler in Mario Kart 7 or Spike in Mario Party 10: An empty place in the roster that they filled with the first guy that came to mind. As for the reappearing as a boss, it isn't that uncommon to reuse older characters. And while we're on the note of Super Mario Sunshine: Jr Bowser has been used a whole lot but not enough to get him into MK8 despite every other koopaling made it in but yet he managed to make it into Smash...

I don't really like him that much, there is no real reason

Ok, I'll tell you why petey piranha is popular...... SHE'S NOT. I guess because Petey Piranha is big that make Petey Special

I guess that the fans of the Mario game where the perry creature is in is that the fans really like this game. I say that he just looks cool and he is a very good boss to fight against I would imagine because I don't have the game. Is it like a bigger version of the chomped or what but that's what I think it is becoming more popular.

He was a boss in this game and ever since he has been in nearly every Mario game released. Ever since then, he also consistently appears in sports games and spin-offs, and even featured as a playable character in several sports games. His attack can also be a reason why he is so popular. He has multiple special powers and abilities that set him apart from normal Piranha Plants, including spitting Goop, flying using his leaves, and attacking with vines.

Well, Petey isn't really all that popular. He is in one main series Mario game and has only appeared in spin-offs since. Besides, he usually only exists in order to fill a particular small role, such as a boss in Smash or a ball-catcher in Mario Sports Mix. Otherwise, he doesn't really show up that much in the Mario series as a whole...

Probably because Nintendo needs to add more characters or bosses and decided that Petey Piranha would be a good choice. In Super Smash Bros Brawl, Nintendo added a lot of bosses from other games, such as Pokemon and Metroid.

Petey Piranha also isn't really all that popular and hasnt appeared too much besides spinoffs anyways.

Petey was lit in Mario Strikers Charged! Probably my favorite captain! Oh that hame is just so good!

Back