Why Isn't Fortnite Splitscreen on Nintendo Switch?

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
Fortnite had an update in late 2019, allowing PlayStation and Xbox players to play Couch Co-op. I tried a few times with my brother's on our Xbox, and honestly, it's alright. I'm glad they added the feature, tho they can improve it a bit better. I was researching a few days ago, "splitscreen fortnite switch", and there were several guides. Those guides however were most likely trolls or fakes, because on the Epic Games website, they specifically state that splitscreen is not on the Nintendo Switch. I have a Switch Lite, and so do my brothers, so it's not a big deal to me, but i was curious to why they don't have it on the Switch. If you have a regular Switch, then you can obviously play in docked mode, playing on a tv. But you can't add a friend to play couch co-op with you. It's literally the same thing as an Xbox or PlayStation when on docked mode.

Fortnite had an update in late 2019, allowing PlayStation and Xbox players to play Couch Co-op. I tried a few times with my brother's on our Xbox, and honestly, it's alright. I'm glad they added the feature, tho they can improve it a bit better. I was researching a few days ago, "splitscreen fortnite switch", and there were several guides. Those guides however were most likely trolls or fakes, because on the Epic Games website, they specifically state that splitscreen is not on the Nintendo Switch. I have a Switch Lite, and so do my brothers, so it's not a big deal to me, but i was curious to why they don't have it on the Switch. If you have a regular Switch, then you can obviously play in docked mode, playing on a tv. But you can't add a friend to play couch co-op with you. It's literally the same thing as an Xbox or PlayStation when on docked mode.
You do have to consider that the Nintendo Switch has about half the processing power of the PS4 and Xbox One, so split screen might be pretty hard for the Nintendo Switch to handle.

Reactions: phofufury
You do have to consider that the Nintendo Switch has about half the processing power of the PS4 and Xbox One, so split screen might be pretty hard for the Nintendo Switch to handle.
yeah, i didn't think of that. thats a possibility tho

Reactions: Jisenku
Back