Why not?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
During the 90's, Nintendo bought out Sega. Now that they own them, they also own Sonic the Hedgehog. My question is why don't they have more Sonic the Hedgehog games since they own the franchise now?

Ehrm...Nintendo doesn't own SEGA nor Sonic the Hedgehog.

My question to you is, though, why don't you think they make enough Sonic games? There's a new Sonic game yearly.

Sonic is still in pretty good shape, Don't see how SEGA abandoned it.

Sonic games are still being released. Right now, they've been releasing on Nintendo platforms, but after their 3- game agreement with Nintendo expires, I'm sure they'll go back to multi-platform releases. Sonic's popularity has just diminished in the last generation or so, and aren't mega blockbluster hits like Mario or Zelda. Who knows, hopefully SEGA turns the ship around and restores Sonic to its former glory.

Reactions: Tri-force64
Well now they have more games and sonixc is a wide known game to 3ds users as well as non-3ds users around the world.There is even a free theme for it on the themes shop for Nintendo 3ds.

There's only a temporary agreement with SEGA for Sonic games and unless SEGA were to give a developer enough time and money to make a good game, we'll keep ending up with SANIC BOOMs.

I think it is a simple thought but not less important and here it goes, They have probably bought sega in order not to have the competition with their own characters, once they got it they concentrated on making quality nintendo games such as mario, zelda and donkey kong (kirby too). Besides I think Sonic is not as popular as Mario, so that could be another reason for stopping the production of Sonic games.

Back