PS Why Now is Better than Ever to Get a PS3/Slim

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
G MAN

G MAN

NYEH HEH HEH!
Towns Folk
Do you ever walk into your local GameStop and see that $60 you wanted but only have $30? Then, you look at the shelf under it and see the same game for $25. You wonder how that could be. That's when you realized. It said PS3. The PS3 is a HUGE system, proving it has to have good games. It is cheap, has tons of original content, and basically any multi-platform game is on it. Pretty big. Plus, I've seen games like Modern Warfare where you can get all 3 used in about $4. Plus, so many people have one you are almost guaranteed to have a friend or 2 to play with. And with the community bigger than ever, why upgrade? If you've been waiting to get one like me, this is the best time.

Actually, many developers already dropped PS3/X360.

New releases will get more rare and big releases like Fallout won't ever come on the console.

If you don't mind playing older games it's alright, but if you want to play the big release titles, move on to PS4/XB1

Well, think of it this way, the PS3 has a huge fanbase, not to mention double backwards compatiblity, to the point where you can literally play like final fantasy 1-15 (Although 2,11, and 13 was bad, 8 and 12 were meh, and i dont know about 14/15) and all the other classics on the ps2 and ps1 (okami, shadow of the colususs, etc.), and think of it this way. Let's say 30 miliion PS3's are sold. Now, over the years, 15 million are broken, lost, or simply going to be passed down long enough to the point where you won't care. Prices jump due to limited numbers, meanwhile if you buy from the surplus you save a ton of cash, so you might as well buy now or never.

PS3 is starting to get outclassed by the PS4, due to popular titles such as Fallout coming to the PS4. The PS3 may be a lot more cheaper but it's not going to be getting as many big releases anytime soon, or perhaps no more at all! Plus even if you have a PS3 right now, wouldn't you want to get a PS4 soon for those amazing new games that's always advertised on the TV? You would feel bad that the PS3 wouldn't be getting that awesome looking game, but you should also know that the PS4 has been selling like crazy so if they do make more games for the PS3, then what's in it for the millions of people that bought a PS4?

Remember, in the end it's all about business

All of my frens are starting to get PS4s, so if I were to get anything, I think I would opt for a PS4. However, I can definitely see the appeal of a PS3 right now as it is dirt cheap and already has a large player base with a very nice array of games. Certainly a fine choice if you don't feel any need to get something new.

Reactions: G MAN
Back