Why the Wii U doesn't suck, and is in fact BETTER than the Xbox 1 and PS4

• Thread starter nicothecheeco
  • Start date
N

nicothecheeco

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
There are misconceptions about the Wii U. Many people believe that it is just an accessory to the original Wii, and many people think that the Xbox and Playstation are better. Hopefully by the time you finish reading my post, I will have convinced you that the Wii U is the most superior console of this generation.
From a hardware perspective alone, the Wii U is far superior than the Xbone and ps4. The Wii U has a custom built IBM gaming CPU that's over 3 GHz POWERPC based (powerpc=op) it also has an AMD graphics card with unified shader architecture. It runs games at a solid 60 FPS and 1080p. The ps4 and Xbox 1 have dirt crap AMD, and that's a fact.
In addition to the powerful hardware, the Wii U has the best lineup of games. The Wii U has over 500 games, 21 of which are WiiU exclusives. At least 10 MUST-HAVE games have come out exclusively for the Wii U this year, and there is a promised lineup of incredible exclusive games coming in future years. The Wii U has the best games, both fun-wise and graphics-wise. All the games are 1080p HD and run at Atleast 60fps with no lag whatsoever. The games never dip below 60fps.

To sum it up and bring this to a close, the Wii U has by far the best specs and games out of the next gen consoles.

Reactions: Rangercraft123
Yeah I know that the Wii U had been underrated when it first came out but it is doing better now . I agree that the Wii U is quite better than the Xbox and the PS4 and it comes with really great games that is really really fun . It just had a bad start . Those are some nice facts you said and now the Wii U is beginning to get better and in soon time there will be so much exclusives for the Wii U that its sales will begin to go up .

Reactions: nicothecheeco
lmao wat, from a hardware perspective Wii U is worse than both the PS4 and Xbox One. I'm not going to pretend that I know much about hardware but just if you play a Wii U and then play a PS4 the differences with speed/graphics/presentation etc are night and day.

10 games haven't even come out on Wii U this year. Not including eShop games, that is.

There are misconceptions about the Wii U. Many people believe that it is just an accessory to the original Wii, and many people think that the Xbox and Playstation are better. Hopefully by the time you finish reading my post, I will have convinced you that the Wii U is the most superior console of this generation.
From a hardware perspective alone, the Wii U is far superior than the Xbone and ps4. The Wii U has a custom built IBM gaming CPU that's over 3 GHz POWERPC based (powerpc=op) it also has an AMD graphics card with unified shader architecture. It runs games at a solid 60 FPS and 1080p. The ps4 and Xbox 1 have dirt crap AMD, and that's a fact.
In addition to the powerful hardware, the Wii U has the best lineup of games. The Wii U has over 500 games, 21 of which are WiiU exclusives. At least 10 MUST-HAVE games have come out exclusively for the Wii U this year, and there is a promised lineup of incredible exclusive games coming in future years. The Wii U has the best games, both fun-wise and graphics-wise. All the games are 1080p HD and run at Atleast 60fps with no lag whatsoever. The games never dip below 60fps.

To sum it up and bring this to a close, the Wii U has by far the best specs and games out of the next gen consoles.

What are you saying ?
Let me briefly list what the WiiU has:
-An IBM PowerPC (old, deprecated architecture that the 360, the old Mac computers the Wii and the GC used) CPU @1.24GHz (Nowadays, it's really meh)
-An AMD Radeon 6770HD Graphic Card (Starts to get old too, only 512MB or barely 1GB is really small for games nowadays, but it's GDDR5 (1200MHz - 1.36TFlops/s so, I suppose it's okay)
-Only 2GB of RAM, out of which only 1GB is accessible to games. The rest is allocated to the system (talk about memory usage!).

So, yes, the WiiU have the merit of being the only next-gen (of course, excluding the PC, because sounds obvious most of the computers nowadays output it) that outputs 1080@60 fps on most of its games, but technically, the WiiU's hardware is deprecated by a long shot. Even a €400 laptop performs better on all the points than the WiiU.

But at least, there's something positive in there: if such an hardware can output 1080p and 60 frames-per-second on its games, then, it means that there's work behind the scene, and that the WiiU developers, unlike the PS4/XB1 devs, aren't lazy devs that don't optimize their games (hi, Ubisoft !).

In conclusion, the Wii U in itself does s*ck in terms of hardware but the XB1 and PS4 are far worse in terms of games :p
And yeah, if I bought one of those consoles, it would definitely be a Wii U.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicothecheeco, D4rkDragon and Mikaya
I don't care about specs (and if I did, then the Wii U certainly doesn't have better ones, or its game wouldn't be just seventh-gen ones), and the Wii U's games don't interest me enough to make me want one. Actually, none of this gaming generation's consoles have interested me. I think the seventh gen of consoles, and the ensuing console wars between fanboys over what makes which console superior, damaged gaming to the extent that all I care about now are handhelds. I'm happy with my 3DS and I want a PS Vita, but I haven't even bothered to look too closely into the Wii U, PS4 or Xbox One.

What makes the Wii U a turkey for me is that Nintendo won't stop treating it as an extremely late seventh-gen console. It gets the same multiplats as the PS3 and Xbox 360. That was the case to a smaller extent with the Wii as well but it had a gazillion original games which made it cool. There isn't one game on the Wii U that I view as its definitive game.

When it comes to gaming arguing about specs seems awfully pretentious to me. I want good games not "oooo pretty".

Good game play with good story that doesnt break the first time i play it and need to wait for patches over the next 6 months killing any multiplayer aspect that's all I ask

Reactions: Rangercraft123, nicothecheeco and Hayleia
what makes a good console are the games you can play on it.

Reactions: Rangercraft123 and Douse Shinundakara
No console is better than another in my opinion. The Wii U is the best console FOR ME since it has the kind of games I like. Most games on PS4 and XBoxOne don't appeal to me (besides Dragon Quest Heroes and Senran Kagura Estival Versus on PS4...) but I just love Nintendo games. Got over 100h on Hyrule Warriors, around 100 on Smash and another 100 on MK8 and I'm rarely at home... March will be the month I can game the most since I won't have to study in March :D

It's not fair to compare the Wii U to the Xbox One and PS4.
They are way to different and it depends on what you like.

It would be better if you compared the PS4 to Xbox One, they are way more similar.

It's not fair to compare the Wii U to the Xbox One and PS4.
They are way to different and it depends on what you like.

It would be better if you compared the PS4 to Xbox One, they are way more similar.
Well you can compare anything to anything as long as it is homogeneous so you can compare a console with another console, especially if they are from the same generation.

And they might be very different, but that's better like it because I wouldn't see the point of comparing two equal things :p

Well you can compare anything to anything as long as it is homogeneous so you can compare a console with another console, especially if they are from the same generation.

And they might be very different, but that's better like it because I wouldn't see the point of comparing two equal things :p
True, but they are too different to be compared fairly so you just have to say what you like more

True, but they are too different to be compared fairly so you just have to say what you like more
I don't even think there's unfairness anywhere. Ok, the Wii U is really late in terms of hardware. But it is also alone in its corner, not trying to compete with computers (while the PS4 and Xbox One still didn't seem to understand they lost that battle and are even battling against each other...).

So Nintendo devs can do a lot of exclusive games for the Wii U only, optimize games for that platform exclusively and make awesome games, even on stupid hardware, because it only has to run on that specific hardware. It's the same for the 3DS, Smash and MH4U reset the console when you exit because they use some RAM they theoretically shouldn't, but since devs knew exactly what max RAM they could use if needed and how to fix it afterwards, they used it anyway and no one complains because they are both awesome games.

Meanwhile, the PS4 and Xbox One keep trying to become more and more powerful, trying to run PC games (which a PC can already do so they are useless) and they can't so they are capped at 30fps. There are exclusives that run quite well, but there are also some (Ubisoft) games that are developped for PS4, Xbox One and PC (and more) and that can't reasonably be optimized for every single platform so they don't run well.

So really, the Wii U is late, but no one cares. It's twice cheaper than its competitors and runs games of the same quality thanks to possible optimization.

Reactions: Mikaya
If I can play a good game with good graphics, and at 60 FPS, then I'm sold :p
The Wii U satisfies what I'm looking for and that makes me happy :3

Be sure the info you give out is good and true ;)

Hey, come on now...
The legendary console wars are just silly at this point, not implying I don't enjoy the fruitful discussion
that comes out of it but whatever happened to "different strokes for different folks"?

If you enjoy the Nintendo brand and their IPs, then it's a no brainer that you'd value that more than an Xbox One or PS4 vice versa if you are engaged with the former two consoles. However it really just comes down to the gaming experience you want, you want your Zelda and Pokemon and Mario, Nintendo have you covered. Want your Halo and Gears of War with the occasional brand new IP? Microsoft understands your plight! Wanna play JRPGs and all those PS exclusives? Sony already knows the drill.

Reactions: Mikaya
Well, to me it's not just "what console do you prefer (for any reason) among the ones that exist" but "what console exists for a reason and what consoles should disappear".

It all starts with the PC. The PC exists. OK. End of the sentence.

Then, why should consoles try to be a PC, get unoptimized games just because they have to run on several platforms, have exclusives to start a war and give people a reason to buy that instead of a PC (award of the most stupid exclusives to exclusive FPSes), etc ? No valid reason.

There's just the Wii U or Nintendo consoles in general that are smarter and don't try to replace the PC. They only have exclusive games (well, that's not true, but almost, no one buys a Wii U for Assassin's Creed) that are optimized for its hardware only and it makes quality gaming accessible to everyone for cheaper than a PC, for those who don't own a gaming PC.

So yeah, here are the arguments for each category:
PC: Power
Nintendo: optimized games, cheap console
Xbox, PS: help me because I can't find any

So I don't even think this topic is dealing with a console war. We are only saying the Wii U is great, and the Wii U is outside of the war created by Xbox and PS, war that the PC already won long before they came out.

Reactions: 3823
To be honest here I prefer ps4 over wiiu because there is a wider community online with a wider range of games to choose but that is my own opinion so I speak for myself on that point there are many people with their views and ideas on wiiu compared to these consoles.

Because its Nintendo and Nintendo rocks

I completely agree, nintendo rules. All their games are made with love and lots of quality, all their games (1st party) are really amazing. The wii u actually has better graphics because nintendo actually makes sure the textures and graphics look as good a possible, ps4 and xbox 1 suck I tell you, nintendo is true fun and we play video games because of fun.

Back