Why the Wii U should of had the 3DS as the Game Pad.

• Thread starter IAMPOOR
  • Start date
IAMPOOR

IAMPOOR

Needs PC
Towns Folk
If you didn't know already, the Wii U came with an easy to break game pad that is IMPOSSIBLE to replace. If they had the 3DS as the Game Pad it would be easier to replace. Another reason the should of had the 3DS as a Game Pad because it would be 2 systems at once! Who wouldn't want a Handheld and a living room console in one package? More people would have bought Smash Brothers for the 3DS and the Wii U. That is all I have for today and follow for more Nintendo related news and criticism.

No just no.

The DS is much more breakable, and has less buttons. And The screen is tiny compared to the gamepad.

There is no way the DS could substitute for the gamepad.

The extra nub on the NN3DS couldn't work for a Circle Pad either.

Reactions: Poefred and Magik
If you didn't know already, the Wii U came with an easy to break game pad that is IMPOSSIBLE to replace. If they had the 3DS as the Game Pad it would be easier to replace. Another reason the should of had the 3DS as a Game Pad because it would be 2 systems at once! Who wouldn't want a Handheld and a living room console in one package? More people would have bought Smash Brothers for the 3DS and the Wii U. That is all I have for today and follow for more Nintendo related news and criticism.
Yeah I kno what you mean I got the 3ds first and I thought it was amazing I couldn't wait to get my hand on the wii u but when I did it just seemed to me like it was just an oversized 3ds.and if you think about it it kinda is.. The tv is the upper screen and the game pad is like the bottom screen..oh and they are starting to make the 3dss the controller I was using my 3ds as a controller on my friends wii u but you need to have the same game as the one your playing on the home system

it's Nintendo, not Nin-easy integration-do

no no no .... 3ds screen to small .. device way to fragile (um hinges I mean yea not a good thing ..) they just need a retailer to start selling these Pads .. or I guess maybe Nintendo wants to have them lock and key sad thing is if warrenty expires you can't get a new one .. why is it so hard in the first play to make extra???? they make extra remotes etc...

I recon they should have sold it with the pro controller (cheaper and easier for 3rd party support) and sold the game pad as an extra making it have additional functionality and on their next system sell with game pad (improved ofcourse) I doubt the 3DS would be practical as it would require a lot of programming to implent it and would people without SD cards be able to use it...also it would mean then they would have to sell a 3DS with the console and that would increase costs no? (meaning more than Xbox and PS4 making sales worse)

That said id really like the concept and idea of the game pad but haven't played it yet :(

I don't think a 3DS would be suited to be Wii U controller because it does have it's limits. I know it's annoying to replace a Gamepad, but if you take good care of it (buy a screen protector and skin cover which may help) then it should have a long life.

That's kind of useless .-. Not everyone would get both the 3DS and the Wii U, plus broken Game Pads aren't an issue if you have either a cover or soft hands. Another reason the 3DS wouldn't make. Good Game Pad is that the 3DS can't handle the graphics which are used on the Wii U, which the Game Pad was nade to handle.

Well for one thing it would cost more money, but for another the 3DS is pretty small and stands as its own system. Personally I like the feel of the Gamepad better than the 3DS and besides the NFC reader is on the Gamepad so that would mean you'd need a 3DS XL or whatever handheld system with a built in NFC reader. And the Gamepad graphics might be a little better than the 3DS ones (and the 3DS gimmick would have trouble too and almost useless). Nintendo would be wasting their money if they ever made bundles like you mentioned.

It would be quite redundant to have the 3ds as a Game Pad for the Wii U . As everyone says , the 3ds Game Pad has it's own kind of limits and the system stands for itself . The Wii U Game Pad is really more better in graphics and stuff so having the 3ds as a Wii U Game Pad is quite useless :p

I'd rather have one type of system or the other instead of a handheld-homeconsole,and in my mind,it wouldn't sell more than what the actual Wii U sold at it's launch date.Technically,this suggestion has becomed reality by being able to play with the 3DS as a controller in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U,but it just isn't the same thing as playing with a proper home-console controller,and even if the GamePad's battery charge is horribly irritating,it does a good job at bringing something new to the table,so yeah,I guess I'll just stick with the current system's controller. :thumbsup:

The 3ds screen is way too small, and it fits as a handheld console just fine. I don`t know what you mean with the gamepad breaking easily, because I have dropped it sometimes and i has not got a scratch. The 3ds is compatitible with smash bros for Wii U, that is the closest we get ^^

The Wii U gamepad is fine, in fact I could totally see them doing a Nintendo Fusion kind of console where the Gamepad is able to be used anywhere and the console is like a Wii U on steroids.

If the 3DS were a gamepad that would mean the the Wii U would have to cost more since it's practically 2 systems in 1. Also if the 3DS were used as a gamepad would it be possible to platy 3DS games with the TV like NX leakers say. I think it would be possible since we have DS virtural console on the Wii U. I think the using a 3DS like a gamepad would be a good feature if your gamepad is charging or broken.

As other have previously said, too fragile and too small. To this day, the 3ds still couldn't handle what the gamepad can. Many games rely on it and the DS with Wii u would be 3 screen which would be even harder to use.

Have you ever tried to play Four Swords Adventures with yourself and three of your buddies? In order to do that, you would need $199 for the gamecube, $492 for the GBA SPs ($492 total, not $492 each), $40 for the cord, and $50 for the game itself, landing you at a total of $781. People hated it, and with good reason. The 3DS/Wii U combo would have been somewhat cheaper, at a total of $550, but that's still really expensive. Nintendo learned their lesson when it comes to combining consoles, and I'm glad for it!

Should have/Should've.

While I think that this would have been an interesting concept, it has a few issues. First off, the 3DS is not nearly powerful enough to actually stream in the way that the Gamepad did. Second, this system would require the purchase of an additional console just to play the WiiU.

Back