Why the Wiiu is an underated system

• Thread starter BlazingPhoenix
  • Start date
B

BlazingPhoenix

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Alright, let's be honest here, this is nintendo's fault, the wiiu is a 100% capable system that only failed due to poor launch titles. Think about it. If Nintendo had announced the Wiiu at E3, skipped the Nintendo Direct, and given the console some REAL launch titles, the console would have recieved tons of 3rd party support and every little thing would be alright. And now I'm angry because Nintendo has completly abandoned the console to start work on the NX. "Oh, you want Zelda U, too bad cause that's now also gonna be on NX, here have a remake of a game you already own", they've already confirmed a mario 3d launch title. I spent $300 to get punched in the face. How could you nintendo, after the bad confirming zelda u you gave up. For shame.

Except the Wii u isn't underrated. If you're gonna call it underrated, How about not using 3 year old reasons? Also the reason they are putting Zelda U on the NX as well is because they are adding more to the game and expanding upon what they know they can do. And completely abandoned? If they had abandoned it why are games still being produced for it, amiibos still in production for Wii u, and adding more server announcements. And the Nintendo direct also helped the Wii u.

Reactions: 3905
Okay not putting the console up at E3 was a stupid mistake-direct or no direct-, and the best launch title was yet another mario game, and by abandoned I mean we haven't recived any info on Zelda U since it's annocement (that brief 13 second trailer does not count), some late ammibo won't cut it. I'm not shaming nintendo in any way, shape, or form, if anything they're my idols, but this is frustrating. I'm disapointed in how they're treating those who bought the console (No metriod, no main series kirby, the only star fox is a remake named after the number of times slippy has been useful-zero- and we've waited years for a non remake zelda game. So if those are "baby" reasons, give me 10 wiiu games that are amazing, and are all ready on the console. Baby reasons, give me a dam break.

Everyone's an idiot for thinking, ugh the wii u game pad is a stupid idea. Well if they got to use it they would think its cool.

Gamepad was good idea, that's not the problem, read the article again

10 WiiU games that are amazing
The wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Hyrule Warriors
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8
NSMBU
Super Mario Maker
Bayonetta 2
Pikmin 3

And where have you been to say that there was no Zelda U info since release. And Star Fox Zero is also not a mistake. And there was a main series Kirby game

Another thing, they aren't treating anyone badly. You're only mad at them because you didn't get what you want. Who cares about a main series Kirby game. Try branching out to different franchises

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SSF, Doctor Strange and 3905
And where have you been to say that there was no Zelda U info since release. And Star Fox Zero is also not a mistake. And there was a main series Kirby game
OK NOW IM ANGRY HOW THE HECK IS RAINBOW CURSE MAIN SERIES, (obvious spin-off is obvious) and we've been over this if the wiiu is not underrated name me 10 non remake games that were amazing
Unless you can't, also i will check games, so no cheap excuses.

Except you never defined what makes a game main series in Kirby. Because that is game actually is main series mate. And how are you going to say the 20 I listed are remakes. There is a very clear difference between remakes and sequels of a series.

May I also add that I didn't say Rainbow Curse? I said there was "A main series Kirby game" on Wii u.

The wii u isnt a terrible console. It just took a while to get some good titles, but boy once it did it got some crazy sales. Also the NX isnt supposed to be some console that overrudes the 3ds or Wii U, according to the post that @TheSpiritedWarrior posted earlier about the NX.

And as big of a Kirby fan I am I too am kinda disappointed that there weren't many Kirby games for it but as a player I can appreciate we got some really great other titles like Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, and Splatoon. Plus the Wii U has lots of Kirby VC in turn so I can appreciate that as well :p

Reactions: Mikaya and Slayerpon Tatsu
1.So-so
2.Yippie, one RPG!
3.Yippie, one fighting game!
4.update versin for 3ds is going to be better, but yeah why not
5.I've heard both opinions
6.If you're into racing games, yes
7.Well in that case every mario ever should be on every list ever, not really outside the box
8.Yes
9.Yes
10.Yes

Now double check your list, only 2 (1 and 7) were actully launch titles, and the rest were realeased late enough to have no real impact on sales (mario kart only had one due to free game deal via club nintendo). The games were released too late, and Xeno x was realeased last month. I admit, they tried to fix their mistake but they failed. Too bad though, cause I really like the hardware.

May I also add that I didn't say Rainbow Curse? I said there was "A main series Kirby game" on Wii u.
Wait wat

OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN THE WIIU IS AMAZING, it' just it's advertizing was terrible, please stop with the pointless hate (looking at you Jayevin)

wat main series kirby?

that's a lie

OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN THE WIIU IS AMAZING, it' just it's advertizing was terrible, please stop with the pointless hate (looking at you Jayevin)
Okay that part I can sorta agree with. Nintendo didnt really do well on advertising the wii u early on, and sales seemed hopeless at the beginning of its launch. But I think when 3D world and Mario Kart came around things started to brighten up and by the time Smash came sales boosted crazy. I was one to buy the wii u when smash came out actually xD. But yea ads for the wii u arent really well so that may have been an issue with sales.

Okay that part I can sorta agree with. Nintendo didnt really do well on advertising the wii u early on, and sales seemed hopeless at the beginning of its launch. But I think when 3D world and Mario Kart came around things started to brighten up and by the time Smash came sales boosted crazy. I was one to buy the wii u when smash came out actually xD. But yea ads for the wii u arent really well so that may have been an issue with sales.
I agree with you 101%

that's a lie
Nope look at the original post I said
Show me Rainbow curse

Rainbow Curse is a main series game. Most people assume it isnt because it doesnt involve the traditional "suck up the enemy and get their power" but Rainbow Curse has its own story and details, featuring drawing paths for kirby to travel and some new kirby formes. Its truly out of this world :p

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Alright, let's be honest here, this is nintendo's fault, the wiiu is a 100% capable system that only failed due to poor launch titles. Think about it. If Nintendo had announced the Wiiu at E3, skipped the Nintendo Direct, and given the console some REAL launch titles, the console would have recieved tons of 3rd party support and every little thing would be alright. And now I'm angry because Nintendo has completly abandoned the console to start work on the NX. "Oh, you want Zelda U, too bad cause that's now also gonna be on NX, here have a remake of a game you already own", they've already confirmed a mario 3d launch title. I spent $300 to get punched in the face. How could you nintendo, after the bad confirming zelda u you gave up. For shame.
Nintendo never really is abandoning the wii u. The nx is not even going to be a home console. Honestly, releasing another home console this year will be the doom of Nintendo, and Nintendo knows that. There are some great wii u games coming this year, and I hope more games are announced either in a Nintendo direct or in a E3.

Also, Nintendo has confirmed that the nx will not be the successor to either the 3ds or the wii u, meaning that these consoles should stay for a while.

By the way, about a new mario game, 3d Mario games only come 1 per gen, but Nintendo has said that a 3d Mario game can come on the wii u, so there is a possibility. God knows what the Mario team has been doing. I personally would not worry about it. Nintendo is just making the nx as a new device so that nintendo can gain more recognition.

Zelda U has been confirmed as a wii u exclusive, so no worries about that. Nintendo kept on saying that, so it means that they were implying for an exclusive release. The game is being developed on the wii u, so it would be impossible in the first place to move it on another home console. I hope that the wii u has more games to be announced this year.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and 3905
Nintendo never really is abandoning the wii u. The nx is not even going to be a home console. Honestly, releasing another home console this year will be the doom of Nintendo, and Nintendo knows that. There are some great wii u games coming this year, and I hope more games are announced either in a Nintendo direct or in a E3.

Also, Nintendo has confirmed that the nx will not be the successor to either the 3ds or the wii u, meaning that these consoles should stay for a while.

By the way, about a new mario game, 3d Mario games only come 1 per gen, but Nintendo has said that a 3d Mario game can come on the wii u, so there is a possibility. God knows what the Mario team has been doing. I personally would not worry about it. Nintendo is just making the nx as a new device so that nintendo can gain more recognition.

Zelda U has been confirmed as a wii u exclusive, so no worries about that. Nintendo kept on saying that, so it means that they were implying for an exclusive release. The game is being developed on the wii u, so it would be impossible in the first place to move it on another home console. I hope that the wii u has more games to be announced this year.
Recently confirmed for nx, google it

Recently confirmed for nx, google it
Those are speculation, rumors, and fake sources my friend. All they are doing is stating their opinion, and not really giving any quotes.

Those are speculation, rumors, and fake sources my friend. All they are doing is stating their opinion, and not really giving any quotes.
Whoops, yeah it is a rumor! Sorry

I really hope we get some last minute releases, because I want this console to go out with a bang

In my opinion, the WiiU is far from underrated. Just because a system did not sell well does not mean that its games are somehow tainted as well. Nintendo put out loads of amazing content for the WiiU, and tried their best to keep it afloat even when it soon became an insurmountable challenge to make a profit off its lackluster sales.

Cause of the wii u's bad marketing the wii u is a pretty underrated console. I don't think the wii u is bad to be honest. I think its a pretty good console with some pretty steller games like splatoon. Splatoon is an absolutely wonder ip and I think a wii u is worth getting just to try it out. I still play my wii u in 2020 and I have a blast with it. I have a switch to but I play on my wii u sometimes. Mainly with friend who can't afford a switch or just modding my wii u in general. I feel a wii u is worth it in 2020 cause online is free and it has some really good games.

Back