(-Why You Shouldn't Look at Spoilers-)

• Thread starter Shukurimu
  • Start date
Shukurimu

Shukurimu

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 私に深瀬を呼ぶ !!!!
Towns Folk
Here are some reasons why you should avoid all spoilers about Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon..

If you're old enough, you should remember playing some of the earlier Pokemon games and enjoying the excitement of discovering a brand new Pokemon pop up on the screen, as your eyes fill with excitement and the lust to collect something new. I turned away from spoilers when generation 4 came out and I am SO GLAD that I did, because seeing those starter Pokemon for the very first time was sooo exciting!! I watched all of the directs, read Nintendo Magazine every month, and even scoured the internet in search of those sketchy Korrokorro scans. Doing all of this completely ruined black and white for me because I had already read most of the story, seen all the Pokemon. (including their stats), so it kind of felt like I was playing a game that I had already played. It was boring for me to say the least. I know the excitement can be hard to contain, and it is very tempting to check out the new Pokemon, characters and the story, but if you refrain, the game will be so so so exciting! All the hype will be tripled when you experience it! I urge you to please at least try! I promise you that you'll enjoy the brand new, fresh games much more than you would if you knew all about it already.

- Sizzle :panda:

The thing is that I like seeing what new pokemon there are, but I hate spoiling anything story-wise. I like to see what kind of pokemon there are so I can get informed ahead of buying it, especially if it's about the legendaries so I can choose which game would be better competitivly. (Well, other games before I didn't care that much about competative but now I do >.<)

ridiculous_car_spoilers_640_10.jpg

I looked at a spoiler.. What now?

That's true. I much more enjoyed 4th and 5th generation games than xy or ORAS. I wasn't so much following the Pokemon news while playing 4th and 5th Gen games so when I finally got to play I was unbelievably pumped up to play. Still to this day my favorite game is Soul Silver.
For xy and ORAS, I'll be honest,I was watching a walkthrough on YouTube because at that point getting a 3DS was nothing than a distant dream so when I finally got the chance to actually play X and Alpha Sapphire I wasn't so pumped up as much as for 4th and 5th Gen games.
But to be honest I have to know what legendaries and exclusives there are in each game in order to decide which game to go for :p

Reactions: 28142
ridiculous_car_spoilers_640_10.jpg

I looked at a spoiler.. What now?

Well..

Now..

THERES NO GOIN BA--

JK,

Do watcha want. My opinion bruh.

That's true. I much more enjoyed 4th and 5th generation games than xy or ORAS. I wasn't so much following the Pokemon news while playing 4th and 5th Gen games so when I finally got to play I was unbelievably pumped up to play. Still to this day my favorite game is Soul Silver.
For xy and ORAS, I'll be honest,I was watching a walkthrough on YouTube because at that point getting a 3DS was nothing than a distant dream so when I finally got the chance to actually play X and Alpha Sapphire I wasn't so pumped up as much as for 4th and 5th Gen games.
But to be honest I have to know what legendaries and exclusives there are in each game in order to decide which game to go for :p

Well It's just a given that you look at the legendaries because keeping your eyes shut can only go so far.. ;3

But it definitely is more fun to wait, the hype is ooooon! :3

Watching spoilers is pretty much a quality of experience bump-down in nearly all cases. The only "spoilers" a Pokemon player needs is the stuff they show in trailers, the manual and box art, nothing more. This also applies to nearly all games.

Reactions: 28142
I look at the new Pokemon mostly because I like to see what kind of Pokemon I could be working with in my gym ;)

Reactions: Pookie
I look at the new Pokemon mostly because I like to see what kind of Pokemon I could be working with in my gym ;)
^ same, except I don't have a gym YET.

^ same, except I don't have a gym YET.
^ Same, but I'm looking for a half decent OU team and not a gym.

I'm pretty sure they're only revealing certain Pokemon, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I highly doubt they'd go through all the trouble of revealing like, 100+ new Pokemon. Besides, it's not like the story is gonna be leaked or anything. Though Pokemon games aren't really known for their stories, so that wouldn't really matter much either, but that is just my opinion on spoilers :p

I thought about avoiding all spoilers. But when you're on the internet, you really can't. Do you want me to stop using the internet before Sun&Moon comes out? I'd lose my gym.. It just comes to you and you can't help it.
It also creates a topic to talk about between friends and whatnot. If you want to avoid spoilers at all cost, man you're a trooper.
:thumbsup:

Reactions: Skyshaymin
See, this is the reason I TRIED to avoid spoilers. Sounds easy but oh my gosh it's not. Even if I don't search stuff up, famous YouTubers and news sources put it in the thumbnails ;-;

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
See, this is the reason I TRIED to avoid spoilers. Sounds easy but oh my gosh it's not. Even if I don't search stuff up, famous YouTubers and news sources put it in the thumbnails ;-;

I know, right? The Youtubers should have some respect and at least have them in a black silhouette or something >.<
I never realized how spoilers may potentially ruin a game experience for you. I've already seen quite a bit of official Sun/Moon trailers, so I guess it's too late for me ;~;

Spoilers are hard to avoid though. Even though my only source of social media other than Youtube is 3DS Pedia, people here will frequently talk about it in the shoutbox. Maybe I'll try to not spoil a game so much next time, but it'll be hard >.<

Yeah, it's quite trickey to avoid spoilers online and offline.
I was watching the new Mad TV when I got a big Starwars VI spoiler, dang it. They were so casual to tell Bobby Lee about it when he lost time.

Personally, I don't really care that much. I follow the news, but I only pay attention to the new Pokemon coming out, because I need to know what their typing is, what Pokemon is found in which version and where in it, mostly so I can plan for my journey! I mean, I don't want to get Pokemon that are all clustered together in the same areas, so I can enjoy using them all, making the game much more fun! Also, I want to know who I'll be facing, like gyms (just types, not Pokemon encountered), rival, villainous team, etc. so I can enjoy the story more, but ignore all story spoilers completely!:p
Spoilers don't make the game less enjoyable unless they are story-related spoilers! Just knowing what Pokemon are in the game isn't bad and I don't think it affects how much you enjoy it at all!

Back