Wii - the meaning

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
apparently the Wii name/meaning, is to do with 2 people playing a game or something? They could have thought of a better name than the Wii. xD

what are your thoughts?

You're right, it is supposed to signify two people. W"ii" The two i's representing people. And in their earlier campaigns they used to say at the end "Wii Would Like to Play". Frankly I didn't like that they changed the name from Nintendo Revolution to "Wii"

Lets just all agree that the Wii concept was good on paper but didn't pan out well. Continuing it on with Wii U was a mistake made upon a mistake.

I can understand why they opted for the name "Wii" it's catchy and not generic sounding. However, what was the idea behind the name "Wii U?" Honestly, based on the name alone I don't know the difference. But has it got something to do with the external handheld extension? I wonder if Nintendo is ever going to aim for mass population or are they continuously just going to try to reach out to the younger crowd.

If I remember, Wii was for the family and friends and the Wii U is for you. Hence the U part. No matter how you say it, the Wii series is exact opposite of the NES series.

I kind of agree. I never really liked the title "Wii", but I got used to it. Then when I picked up on the whole "Mii" thing, I appreciated it a little more. Still agree with OP though and wish they would've thought of something a little more creative and "attractive".

I think the Wii name was fantastic and for a console so innovative, it deserved a great unique name. However, the Wii U name was a bit of a mistake for me because based on name itself, it sounds way too much like the Wii but without something to say clearly that it's the next one (like PS4).

So you meaning of naming the game is just by a gameplay who gived a game consolle a name who's wii so when i am playing i said wiiiiiiiiii that's the idea? if it is crazy :rotfl:

What else would you call a console? If you got any bright ideas I suggest you make a forum for it. Wii is two people running away from spikes falling out a ceiling. You can make things sound how you want it to sound even though it's a crazy opinion. The Wii U they said is a Wii Universe. Meaning it's many people running away from two spikes coming out of the ceiling for multiple experiences rather than the gimmicky almost alternate reality motion controls (more connectedness online than the Wii). Call it what you want but the games are where it counts. I bet there are plenty of games where two people are running away from two spikes falling from the sky.

Back