Wii U being able to play movie discs and bluray

• Thread starter Megalegacy98
  • Start date
Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Do you guys think the Wii U will ever be able to play movie discs or bluray? Have you guys heard any rumors? Would be nice if they were going to make it like that, then again, they would have to make a whole new console... or maybe the wii u disc drivers can handle it? Let me know what you guys think in the comments

Well.... If they really made it so that it is possible, the Wii U wouldn't be a gaming system anymore, it would probably be a........ Multi-media player? :S Anyways, I don't think they should make it happen, I think the Wii U is great as it is. Maybe in a few years or something XP

I definitely think it is possible. I just don't support it.

i dont support it either, i just hear alot of rumors and wondered if you guys knew anything more :)

Easy way to answer that: why the Wii U doesn't play DVD or Blu-rays?

Licenses is the answer, for the hardware, format used and the codec for the player.
This stuff makes the console more expensive (this was the advantage of Sony when released a PS3, it was cheaper than an actual Blu-Ray player, same with the PS2, also cheaper than a DVD player when released).

For that reason Microsoft tried to use HD-DVD (something like that) but the format failed and finished using DVDs.

nice to know. thanks

Back