Support Needed Wii U dpad and left stick not working (please help)

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
So today, I turned on my Wii U. My mom called me and I came back a half hour later. Now, whenever I press on the D-pad or left stick, the Gamepad isn't responding. May someone please help? Is there anything I can do to fix my Wii U?

well... you can buy a new one for $120... or you could try re-syncing your controler. Isnt there a way to calibrate it? You could try to get new joysticks, or even schedule a repair... let me find you a repair place... nintendo repairs them for $85 bucks i think... says on GameFAQs that the controler recalibrates itself every time it shuts off, so try shutting it off for at least 20 seconds, shut it off if you have to. Also, try pushing it in, maybe your stick was "dislocated", this happened to my Gamecube controler multiple times already.

well... you can buy a new one for $120... or you could try re-syncing your controler. Isnt there a way to calibrate it? You could try to get new joysticks, or even schedule a repair... let me find you a repair place... nintendo repairs them for $85 bucks i think... says on GameFAQs that the controler recalibrates itself every time it shuts off, so try shutting it off for at least 20 seconds, shut it off if you have to. Also, try pushing it in, maybe your stick was "dislocated", this happened to my Gamecube controler multiple times already.
It would actually cost 160 dollars for one.

I dunno. Ask your mom or anyone about what happened. Right now, it looks like some debris may be in your joystick and dpad. I recommend you get a clean dry toothbrush and loosen up all that dirt. That will help a lot.

It would actually cost 160 dollars for one.

I dunno. Ask your mom or anyone about what happened. Right now, it looks like some debris may be in your joystick and dpad. I recommend you get a clean dry toothbrush and loosen up all that dirt. That will help a lot.
I did the toothbrush one a few hours ago before you typed that sentence. It worked.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior and BlazingPhoenix
I did the toothbrush one a few hours ago before you typed that sentence. It worked.
good for you!

Reactions: Doctor Strange
Thanks.

Yep! The handy dandy toothbrush always helps. Whenever something has a button or joystick that is not working, clean it and always go for the toothbrush! All hail toothbrushes!

Reactions: Doctor Strange and BlazingPhoenix
After reading this thread, I found out a good convenience for toothbrushes. Awesome!! now I'll know what to do if I have problems like this.

Back