Wii U External hard Drives.

• Thread starter AdvanceStrat
  • Start date
AdvanceStrat

AdvanceStrat

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Looking for an external hard drive for my Wii u as my current one isn't really cutting it performance wise. Any recommendations? I've seen the support site on it but I want to hear what you guys think on it.

I wish you the best. I asked a similar question a while back and didn't get much response. Which leads me to think most people either still have plenty of room on their 32gb models, or (gulp) don't own a Wii U yet.

I ran out of room on my Wii U after about 2 games, so I needed something right away. The one I have works ok but it doesn't handle playing large games from it or installing large games directly to it very well. Mostly just good for storage or playing smaller games from which somewhat misses the point.

Not much I can really say, this is the hard drive I use and it works fine on my Wii U -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-canvio-2tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/1304481748.p?id=mp1304481748&skuId=1304481748&st=Toshiba External hard drive&cp=1&lp=4#tab=buyingOptions

It's a bit expensive and you'll never fill it up, but if you have the money it's worth it. Only other thing I should mention is that it's quite large and requires being plugged into the wall to use, which is a bit of a pain.

I ran out of room on my Wii U after about 2 games

Wow! I have a couple dozen games on my Wii U, and still a bit of room. Most are eShop or Virtual Console. The only retail games I own are ones I got free through promos - Wii Fit, Wind Waker HD, Game & Wario.

Yeah well game 1 was Tekken, so that chewed up up about 12 GB right there.

The one I have is a buffalo tech 2 TB Hard drive. It works great and it's actually one Nintendo themselves recommend on their support site.

I have a 3.0 2TB Seagate Expansion and it's working excellent.

I have a 3.0 2TB Seagate Expansion and it's working excellent.

I'll keep this in mind for my Wii U.

Back