Wii U Hardware Upgrades?

• Thread starter xXAwesomeDudeXx
  • Start date
xXAwesomeDudeXx

xXAwesomeDudeXx

Just an Awesome Guy.
Towns Folk
I think that Nintendo may need to sell Hardware Upgrades or stuff like so to keep up with the current-gen consoles (PS4, Xbox One) and third party developers, I wouldn't mind buying and installing a hardware upgrade like extra ram in order to play a game, Nintendo can just put a warning on the games that need it.

An example warning sign:

WARNING: This game uses more hardware then you're current Wii U may have, it needs it least 4GB of 1600mhz ram and needs an install of 3GB ( External USB or External USB not accepted). To learn more about upgrading your device go to nintendo.com/hardwareupgrade.

This way 3rd Party (and maybe even 1st Party) developer(s) could continue to bring bigger, better and more beautiful games, even though it only came out with a 32GB SSD.

So what do you guys think? Good or bad idea? Don't say things like I don't care and I have a PS4, I don't need this, this is for the people that do care, otherwise why would you even be posting on the thread?

Bad idea, imo.
The Wii U would more than likely still have bad sales. So that would be a waste of money, though the benefits would be nice.
Another thing is, if its a third party developer, its going on the other consoles, too, so the games would be available to many people even without the hardware upgrade...

I would not really buy any upgrades for the Wii U. The system is powerful enough, and there is no problem with the specs it has. You can already buy Hard Drives that go up to 1 TB, and that is more than enough for a large number of Wii U games.
The Wii U has enough RAM to handle most games the PS4 and Xbox One can handle.

No, I dislike this idea. Nintendo is always known for their pleasing prices in gaming consoles, and this would just ruin that. As, AliTheAce said, there is minimum upgrades that could be done, like upgrading your memory (get a hard drive). The Wii U is not all that weak of a console, as shown in Mario Kart 8, the little system has some juice in it, to run some amazing games. Hardware upgrade is not unnecessary at this point.

No, I dislike this idea. Nintendo is always known for their pleasing prices in gaming consoles, and this would just ruin that. As, AliTheAce said, there is minimum upgrades that could be done, like upgrading your memory (get a hard drive). The Wii U is not all that weak of a console, as shown in Mario Kart 8, the little system has some juice in it, to run some amazing games. Hardware upgrade is not unnecessary at this point.

If you run Mario Kart 8 in 4 or 3 Player mode, you'll notice a huge frame rate drop. The Wii U is not all that weak of a console, that's true but if you could turn it into the strongest console their is, wouldn't that be cool? Anyways I think it would be worth it, and i'm not talking about now, i'm talking about 4-6 years later when the Wii U won't be able to handle these next gen games that will be on the PS4 and Xbox one.

The WiiU is already powerful enough. Developers can make huge games on it. The frame drop that happens in some games can also be caused by reasons that are independent to the hardware, such as:
-Glitches
-Badly optimized game
-Scaling by the GPU

As what I have heard, in 3/4-Player Mode, MK8 is scaled, so, it might be the GPU who needs to reload the map's textures each time and apply all the programmed shaders on it, then scale it in order to render it correctly. You know, the tasks done by the GPU are more complex than what it looks like.

Back