Support Needed Wii U Internet connection problems with mobile hotspot

• Thread starter ZachAlejandro
  • Start date
ZachAlejandro

ZachAlejandro

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Wii U's Internet connection. The problem is that I have a mobile hotspot that I'm using (via IPhone S6 or something along the lines of that), and once I try to connect to the hotspot on my Wii U, it fails even with entering the right password, as well as the right hotspot name entered. I have no clue what to do. I wanted to try and contact Nintendo about the situation, but I thought about it and not doing it until I ask you guys for opinions. Thanks for the help.

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Wii U's Internet connection. The problem is that I have a mobile hotspot that I'm using (via IPhone S6 or something along the lines of that), and once I try to connect to the hotspot on my Wii U, it fails even with entering the right password, as well as the right hotspot name entered. I have no clue what to do. I wanted to try and contact Nintendo about the situation, but I thought about it and not doing it until I ask you guys for opinions. Thanks for the help.

Give up if you're using an iPhone.
What you're trying to do is called tethering, and Apple forbids you to do that (unless their minds have changed with the iPhone 6).

Otherwise, be sure to have your 3G connection enabled. And even with that, please, don't try going online with the Wii U using a mobile connection*. You would make the experience terrible for yourself and everybody (especially on active games like Smash and Splatoon), and your data plan would run out fast.

So, in any case, check your mobile phone's 3G status, or try to find how to tether a connection using an iPhone. But I've warned you.

*I know what I'm saying, downloading data for a 3DS game (Puzzle & Dragons Z's bonus data which was around a few Kb according to my phone's data consumption) took me around 3 minutes with a H+ connection.

Aw man.. That sucks. I think you need to get a lan adapter if that helps in any way. It helps boost slow internet speeds and stuff like that. With a lan adapter, you can be much faster online, it helps a lot. Its also only 15 dollars so get it, its highly recommended by nintendo if your wifi is not good.

Back