Wii U Internet Strength

• Thread starter OhCrapItsPayne
  • Start date
OhCrapItsPayne

OhCrapItsPayne

Conductor of the PoopTrain
Towns Folk
I don't have a WiiU so don't have experience with this, but i was thinking of getting one. Does WiiU have a lot of problems with Multiplayer games like Smash Bros over the Internet, or is it over all a very positive experience?

Overall, it's a thumbs up from me. I think that the Wii U multiplayer game servers are definitely better than the Wii. It all depends on the speed and quality of your internet connection.

Overall, it's a very good improvement. Hope this helps you make your decision!

Reactions: OhCrapItsPayne
I lose connection a lot in Splatoon, but I never had issues with my PS4, which is at the same place as my Wii U is. I guess you have to be quite close from your wifi, or get a dongle to play wired.

I give the Wii U an A+ in internet gameplay. I could play a bunch of Smash battles online and it won't lag even once, whereas the 3DS has some issues with lagging every now and then. And not just smash. I play MK8 online with my friends a lot, and we never lagged out at all, even when we played 200 CC. And not just gameplay as well, I find it super convenient that eshop downloads happen relatively quick and easy, although that mostly depends on your router :p. The Wii U has a much better Internet Connection than the 3DS imo.

Apparently my brother was getting a lot of disconnections while playing Splatoon earlier today. My mom supposedly googled the problem, and she found that lots of people had been complaining about errors while playing online. I don't know if it's the Wii U, Splatoon, or our new internet provider.

It's reported that the Wii U is more powerful than the XBOX 360. I really don't see it too much, but that doesn't mean the system is horrible. Like all internet connections, there are quite a few factors to take into account for internet strength, but in general, I'd say that the Wii U's internet strength hovers above par. I believe there is an extra cable for the Wii U that make its internet even more stable, but it's sold separately. :/

Yes Oopa it looks like this

Wii-U-LAN-adapter-1041428.jpg

I might get one =/

Reactions: 423
It's internet strength is excellent and i have not seen any error codes that i can remember but smash bros. doesn't have a issue with the internet but maybe it just needs more of a connection with all of that competitive with friends thing but I hate it when my internet stops when playing Splatoon but it rarely goes down and it is really stable and probably better than the Xbox!

Back