Wii U - Is It Worth It?

• Thread starter Collin
  • Start date
C

Collin

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I went to a local mall, and saw a huge setup to test the WiiU before it was released. I honestly didn't like it, because I had to constantly shift my eyes from the TV to the controller constantly. I also wondered what would happen if you dropped the controller. It's not like any ordinary Wii remote. What if the screen cracked? Do they make cases for those?

Does anyone here own the WiiU? What are your thoughts on it?

The Wii U is definitely worth it, considering the range of great games available for it. You should not be worried about the durability of the Gamepad, as it is quite durable.
You usually do not need to shift your eyes very frequently, as one screen will be used for most of the action and the other will be used for checking/equipping items from the inventory. The Gamepad screen could also serve as a map.

I own a Wii U, and like @AliTheAce stated, Nintendo made the Gamepad pretty strong. I know this because my mom tripped over the charging cable when it was connected to my Wii U gamepad and it went crashing on my floor and looked unharmed when I picked it up. Looking between the gamepad screen and the TV can be kind of annoying, but you get used to it over time.

It is defiantly worth it, I love it myself and it has some great games on it, like Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Winder Waker HD, and many other great games. It's quite durable as well. (The Game Pad) You might have to switch between looking at the Game Pad, and TV while playing certain games, but nonetheless, it's a really good system and I love it.

Thanks for your feedback, guys. Maybe it was just the game I was demonstrating that was becoming annoying. I didn't think that the controller would be that durable. And I'm surprised that it still worked after crashing into the floor @OopaMazo ! Maybe I'll take a second look at it. I even found cases they made for the controller, and it's seeming better than I originally thought!

I own a Wii U, and like @AliTheAce stated, Nintendo made the Gamepad pretty strong. I know this because my mom tripped over the charging cable when it was connected to my Wii U gamepad and it went crashing on my floor and looked unharmed when I picked it up. Looking between the gamepad screen and the TV can be kind of annoying, but you get used to it over time.
The same Nintendo quality you can expect from every of their devices :)
Thanks for your feedback, guys. Maybe it was just the game I was demonstrating that was becoming annoying. I didn't think that the controller would be that durable. And I'm surprised that it still worked after crashing into the floor @OopaMazo ! Maybe I'll take a second look at it. I even found cases they made for the controller, and it's seeming better than I originally thought!
Glad you are looking forward to buy a Wii U. If you really do not like the Gamepad, there is another controller (sold separately) called the Classic Controller Pro. The CCP is a conventional controller, with a layout very similar to that of an Xbox controller. That helps a lot when you need to move your fingers around quickly.

For me, it is certainly worth it. What I look for in a console is do they have enough games for it that interest me? If a console has little or no games that interest me then it isn't worth spending the money on the console.

Seems like it would be worth it by the sounds of everyone in this thread. I don't own one , but I would think that it would be worth one, for the fact of all the new games Nintendo is releasing for it and the few good ones that are out now. That's all I can help you with.

Wii U is worth it and if it doesn't have games that appeal to you, you aren't a fan of Nintendo. It has a fantastic library.

Durability though, the GamePad is extremely durable. I used to sleep with my GamePad on my bed every night because I used it for the web browser and 9 out of 10 times it fell off the bed by morning. I've never once experienced issues with it yet.

The wii u of course is worth every single penny! :D I would suggest you get Mario kart 8. I've really enjoyed it and I'm still not bored of it :p. Also smash is coming out soon (not really)

I bought my wii u at a price really above any of you would have paid for, and guess what I am still happy because I know that is something really worth. I don't care about switching between the gamepad to the tv, come on it is just awesome what they have done with the gamepad. Dropping the controller, how do you play your games, are you 3 year old boy? Come on, you have to be more than careful using it but anyway, you are not going to throw it.

Back