Wii U Now as Old as the Dreamcast When it was Discontinued, and Sold Half as Much by This Point

• Thread starter LavenderTownGhost
  • Start date
LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

On hiatus, kind of.
Towns Folk
View attachment 97

MCV writer Ben Parfitt has tweeted that the Wii U is now the same age as the Dreamcast was when it was taken off the market by Sega. The Wii U has in fact sold half the number Dreamcast had by this point. The Sega Dreamcast completed its global roll-out by November of 1999, and then was officially discontinued in March of 2001.

“DreamCast completed it’s global roll-out by November 1999 and was discontinued in March 2001. Technically it was released a year earlier than that in Japan, but even when you remove Japanese DreamCast sales altogether (2.8m out of 10.6m) Wii U sales still lower.”

I think part of the reason Nintendo is still holding strong is because it isn't in massive debt like Sega was. Plus Nintendo is still profiting a lot through 3DS sales.

I agree with Impulse, but Nintendo really need to step up their game. It's the same 3 things they haven't fixed; marketing, 3rd party and showing developers how to use the gamepad effectively.

I agree with Impulse, but Nintendo really need to step up their game. It's the same 3 things they haven't fixed; marketing, 3rd party and showing developers how to use the gamepad effectively.
Yes you are right with the first two, they still need to really fix there marketing, and now they are loosing Ubisoft too as a third party developer. I don't even know if they have any left, can you even name one?

I really don't care if they make good use of the gamepad or not with the game. All I care about is the actual game.

I can't believe they sold half as much as the Dreamcast

All of this is going to be irrelevant by the end of next year. :panda:

All of this is going to be irrelevant by the end of next year. :panda:

I hope, at my school the people think the Wii U is either: lame, pricy, overpriced, or they have no idea what it is. I think that it is possible for the Wii U to turn around it's sales numbers but I wish third party developers would help push them to the front of the show. Too bad barely any support them anymore.

Back