Wii U now has folders!

• Thread starter Blazikenpwnsyou
  • Start date
Blazikenpwnsyou

Blazikenpwnsyou

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
I'm sure you all knew about the 3DS having folders, but now, a system update for the Wii U is here to give us folders for the Wii U! So whenever I download a ton of games (and get an external drive or two), I won't have it fill up the main menu, and have them put in respective folders! :3

I just downloaded and made the update on my Wii U. I don't have that many games downloaded so I just transferred all of the apps that I don't use into one folder to make things, erm.. neat, :love:

I just downloaded and made the update on my Wii U. I don't have that many games downloaded so I just transferred all of the apps that I don't use into one folder to make things, erm.. neat, :love:

I actually use six folders: one for the console's stuff (blue), retail games (black), nice eShop list (green), bad eShop list (red) and VC (green).

I used the same idea later for the 3DS, but I have more games there so I needed more folders.
I noticed the loading time is longer when using folders but meh :p

Reactions: 423
I sorted the folders alphabetically, as well as the software.

Here's the folders I have: Applications (blue), Demos (orange), Special Software (Black), Retail Games (red), Utilities (Green), Virtual Console (Yellow), and Wii U Downloads (Purple).

Reactions: Marc
I hope we end up getting wii u home themes. The warawara plaza got really boring really fast

I haven't been playing my 3DS in forever, so I didn't even know about the folders. Nice to see Nintendo improving system software.

It's been a good month since I last played my Wii U. I've been wanting to play it for the past week now, but the academic demands my teachers put on me is somewhat overwhelming at times! I'll definitely make sure to get this update over the weekend! :D

The folder update is for me one of the best updates on the Wii U. Before the update I had a big chaos on my home screens, now I only use the first screen and all applications are sorted in folders in different colours. At this moment I only miss a theme Funktion. The only thing is that my wii u has now problems with downloading things from the eshop. My Wii U crashes very often after I closed the eshop.

I made a folder to hold my games, I feel it would be better to group my games together, and keep them away from the other apps. I might make another folder for my apps also, but right now it will only be for games I play.

So that's definetly a good way to use those folders! Thanks for the info, I am gonna try it out. I just saw the option to create a folder but I didn't pay too much attention to it. Now that I read your comment you're right, it gives us a better way to organize everything on the gamepad.

Back