Wii U questions

• Thread starter Yumi Chi
  • Start date
Yumi Chi

Yumi Chi

Creative Gamer Girl
Towns Folk
Ok I have used a wii and now only own a 3DS, some point down the line I may want to get a Wii U at this moment I do not see why it's so popular ........

So I want to here from Wii U owners :
Is it similar in feel and use to the Wii?
this Controller pad thing is that the only piece you need or you gotta have a wiimote too?
batteries needed for that pad thing?
Game quality good ?
is the learning curve easy pad and system?
new tv required ? can you hook up like the wii did red white and yellow to old tubes?

The Wii U is awesome, it is easy to get the hang of it.
You can use the gamepad for single player, a Wiimote or pro controller U for multiplayer games.
The gamepad plugs into a wall outlet to charge, so you won't need to keep changing batteries. The controller does not hold a charge very long though, but I keep my controller plugged in at all times.
If you don't have an HDTV, you can hookup the Wii U using the Wii cables.
The controller is easy to use, once you get the hang of it.
I love my Wii U, and am glad I bought it.
Edit, I forgot to mention the Wii U has a section called Wii mode so you can play Wii games on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yumi Chi
To answer all of your questions:

- It's pretty different imo. There are some similarities, but it'a an overall improvement.
- For most games, the Gamepad is the only controller you need (If you just want to play single player)
- There are no batteries needed for the Gamepad, however you will have to charge it every so often. It isn't that bad.
- The game quality is amazing, since it is in full blown HD! You can easily see the full extent of this in Mario Kart 8.
- There is really not that much to learn except for the button locations and system navigation, which you can easily learn in the first five minutes of playing on the Wii U lol
- A new TV might be required. I'm not so sure on that one... :/

Woa thank you for all that ! Good to hear its easy to use and even better can use wii cables and its backwards compatible yippee, you can use the controller while on ac power now that must be hard..

Reactions: 423
Ok I have used a wii and now only own a 3DS, some point down the line I may want to get a Wii U at this moment I do not see why it's so popular ........

So I want to here from Wii U owners :
this Controller pad thing is that the only piece you need or you gotta have a wiimote too?
Game quality good ?
new tv required ? can you hook up like the wii did red white and yellow to old tubes?

I think not, I hated the Wii to be honest (tried, my sister had one)

Just with the Gamepad you're okay. If you want to use the Wii mode, you will need one wiimote at least.

Nope, it's rechargeable :p

Game quality good?
Excellent quality, just be careful with certain indie titles.

Just a few days and got easy. Really easy to start using (still the first update download is long)

It supports 480p so yes, you don't need a new tv. Sadly, the cable isn't included (just the HDMI one) so or you will need to buy one or you can use the Wii one.

wow thanks

Back