Support Needed Wii U turns off randomly when playing a physical game

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
So my Wii U arrived yesterday, and I have troubles already.

When I'm playing a physical game on my Wii U, randomly it turns off at any moment. It has not happened when I'm playing a digital game, though. Is there any thing wrong with it? How can I fix it? Please let me know.

1. Is the controller in use when you have it on? If yes, you should check your power options in settings.
2. Is it fully charged and is it a new Wii U or a pre-owned one?
3. Do you have SD cards or USBs in it while playing? Try to remove them to see if the problem still occurs.
4. Are the vents blocked by the surrounding area of your Wii U and is the fan working?

Reactions: TerraKnight
1. Is the controller in use when you have it on? If yes, you should check your power options in settings.
2. Is it fully charged and is it a new Wii U or a pre-owned one?
3. Do you have SD cards or USBs in it while playing? Try to remove them to see if the problem still occurs.
4. Are the vents blocked by the surrounding area of your Wii U and is the fan working?
1. I sometimes use the Pro controller, meaning the Gamepad is not in use. However, it occurs even if I am using only the gamepad only.

I disabled both the settings in Power options and didn't work

2. It's fully charged and it's a new Wii U, nit a pre owned one.

3. I don't have any.

4. The vent is not blocked. The fan is working too.

Also, this problem occurs when there is a CD inside. When I remove the CD, it does not happen.

Unfortunately, it might be defective :/

You should send it back to either get it repaired or have it replaced.

Back