Wii u vs Switch Legend of Zelda BOTW

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk

Gives a good excuse not to buy the Switch. Graphics are almost the same on both.

Notice how both versions get frame rate drops and performance issues. Besides that, they are the exact same in terms of graphics and content.

A day one patch fixes Zelda BOTW's framedrop for the switch. The switch also features portability and better framerates and etc. Personally, if you don't want to shell money for the superior version, the way to go would be the Wii U version for now, but if you have the money, you should get the switch version.

A day one patch fixes Zelda BOTW's framedrop for the switch. The switch also features portability and better framerates and etc. Personally, if you don't want to shell money for the superior version, the way to go would be the Wii U version for now, but if you have the money, you should get the switch version.
I have to disagree with you on that. The switch version has just as many frame rate drops desire the patch. The switch is barely any different than the Wii u version besides resolution and portability. It isn't worth buying a switch for one game that's already on the Wii u.

I have to disagree with you on that. The switch version has just as many frame rate drops desire the patch. The switch is barely any different than the Wii u version besides resolution and portability. It isn't worth buying a switch for one game that's already on the Wii u.
Then just get it a few months later when splatoon 2 and ARMS are out

The undocked Switch version is the objectively superior one, higher draw distance, framerate without nearly as many drops and the smaller screen optimized for the resolution, the game is simply not yet optimized for the docked mode. It will most likely get patched at some point in the near future.

Then just get it a few months later when splatoon 2 and ARMS are out
Wow, amazing! 2 whole games in 3 months, how exciting.

Its a piece of overpriced junk that gets about 1 quality title every few months. Crappy 3rd party and small 1st party titles don't cut it. Nintendo is dead as a company, they've proven that they can't compete anymore.

Its a piece of overpriced junk that gets about 1 quality title every few months. Crappy 3rd party and small 1st party titles don't cut it. Nintendo is dead as a company, they've proven that they can't compete anymore.
more switch for me i guess

Reactions: Blue Knight

The 1 millionth Switch h8tr I met.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Well, I am playing breath of the wild on my nintendo wii u, just because my nearest retailer got it first. (or maybe the switch´s version was sold out immediately and when I got there I had no other choice but to buy it for the wii u). I also bought the nintendo switch, but I must be honest, I am barely using it because I have a really good time playing with my wii u so far. The frame rate is not a big issue when you get to play and see this majestic game.
Someday, I will play the switch´s version of breath of the wild as well!

Having played both versions, yeah, there's no real reason to buy the Switch if you already have a Wii U just for Zelda. But most people don't have a Wii U, so...it's still a system seller.

Why are you on a Nintendo forum when you clearly hate Nintendo

I already have 10 games on my Switch and there's plenty releasing in the coming weeks I'm interested in. More than I've played on PS4 in a long time.

Having played both versions, yeah, there's no real reason to buy the Switch if you already have a Wii U just for Zelda. But most people don't have a Wii U, so...it's still a system seller.

Why are you on a Nintendo forum when you clearly hate Nintendo

I already have 10 games on my Switch and there's plenty releasing in the coming weeks I'm interested in. More than I've played on PS4 in a long time.
Its a terrible product and that's my take on it. Love Nintendo products, but not to the point of fanboyism where I defend their decisions and buy every single product. Nintendo's business model has changed dramatically and it isn't a good model at all. Seriously, the only major game on the system is BOTW and some decent indie games, that's no good in the long term.

BotW got a new patch, which fixes just about all of the major framerate issues in the switch version. even in docked mode.

Back